Applications for the IHEID / The Graduate Institute in Geneva - 2013-2014

Lud

Best luck to you!

Thanks, I'm holed up in one of the conflict areas and am looking forward to making it to a more peaceful place. I just saw that my file is complete so am excited for that.

Can anybody tell me if the Graduate Institute has any strength or links with the political risk field? I'm interested in companies like Control Risk and the Eurasia Group, but it looks like they're analysts (at least from Eurasia) are mainly culled from top US programs. Perhaps it's a self selection bias. Also, does the Grad Institute have good links with the Andean region of South America?

Thanks and good luck to all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Has anyone applied to the Graduate Institute January deadline? I've been reading all your posts and i have to say Im getting very anxious in regards to results as I've realised how much competition there is. 

Can anyone comment in regards to the Institute requirements or the type of 'background' they expect from students? Anyone already studying there please feel free to share your thoughts-comments on this. I have applied for the IR/PS program. 

Thank you

Hi Guys , I too am an applicant for January Deadline and waiting for results :( . Btw anyone here has any idea regarding the scholarships the institute offers. It' said that upto CHF18000 would be offered for a year. Does that mean it  could be renewed?.  

I would be really grateful if anyone could enlighten me on this.     

Thank You 

Based on zicu's comment, it seems they already started sending out their admission decisions. I wonder if they are sending out rejection letters first or if they let people know based on what program they applied to...any thoughts on this?

Also, I encourage people to post whenever they hear back from IHEID so the rest of us can have some sort of reference.

Good luck to all

Edited by lelv89

I'm sure admission is decided on by program/department, so it would make sense that they send out decisions by program. That's only my guess.

If Mmukher1 let's us know what program they applied to, we can try and narrow the decision timing down.

Hey guys, according to some posts on the IHEID facebookpage and the fb group for incoming and prospective students (IHEID 2013-2015) some rejections for MDev and MIL have been sent out. Hope that helps.

sure, you can find the institute's facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/graduateinstitute?fref=ts

and the facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/286246464827073/

Thanks for the info!

I´m still anxiously waiting. I hope they don't inform me their decision on March 15th or something, otherwise is going to be 2 very long weeks!!

Hey, didn't get into IHEID, but that's okay.  I applied for the MA IR/PS track.  Good luck to all the other applicants!

In the facebook group page several people have recently posted that they were denied admission as well. Makes me wonder who is actually getting in

Anyways, thanks for the info. Hopefully you'll have better luck with the other programs you applied to

Hey, didn't get into IHEID, but that's okay.  I applied for the MA IR/PS track.  Good luck to all the other applicants!

Same here, IR/PS and denied... it's their loss ;)