Applying Fall 2013? Where?

EdNerd2013

Thank you - I checked, my scores were sent to them in June 2012.... but I am worried that since they did not make the connection my application was discounted - I wrote to them today, if I do not hear back, I will call Monday..... :(

HGSE connected my scores to my application before I even submitted it. On top of that, they took the scores I sent when I took the GRE in September 2011, meaning that I did not have to resend the scores for this application season. So they do keep the scores around the office. Hopefully they will be able to make the match for you quickly!

HGSE connected my scores to my application before I even submitted it. On top of that, they took the scores I sent when I took the GRE in September 2011, meaning that I did not have to resend the scores for this application season. So they do keep the scores around the office. Hopefully they will be able to make the match for you quickly!
Same thing with me! My scores were fom 2011!

Thank you - I checked, my scores were sent to them in June 2012.... but I am worried that since they did not make the connection my application was discounted - I wrote to them today, if I do not hear back, I will call Monday..... :(
1. Be sure to use the reference number when you email. 2. It has been taking about 48 hours to respond, but they do respond.

I'm currently an undergrad at Vanderbilt and I've heard down the grapevine that the MEd/MPP applicants are supposed to hear back really, REALLY soon.  :) keep your hopes up everyone.

Speaking of Vanderbilt, for those who applied - did you also get the "Life in Nashville" email last week? I was trying to figure out if it was a hint at acceptance, as there's a line in there that says "while you pursue your graduate studies with us".

Or (more likely!) it could be one of those dang update letters that schools love to send out so we freak out a little bit when we see an email from them in our inbox! :rolleyes:

Has anyone been to the Diversity recruitment program at Harvard? Do they invite everyone? Does it help?

I attended the Diversity Recruitment weekend at Harvard last year. I think it was a good way to get a feel for the school, program, and administration. They provided some very helpful and informative sessions on financial aid and writing your SOP. But I'm not sure "how" much it helps to get into the program you desire. You do get to meet the program director, so that gives you an opportunity to network. 

Also- I applied to 15 schools (which was crazy and I don't advice lol) Half are focused around Student Affairs and the other half are more policy, research oriented Higher Ed Master's programs. Best of luck everyone!!

Please let me know if anyone's heard from UMichigan or Harvard GSE. They are definitely part of my top 5 picks. 

I attended the Diversity Recruitment weekend at Harvard last year. I think it was a good way to get a feel for the school, program, and administration. They provided some very helpful and informative sessions on financial aid and writing your SOP. But I'm not sure "how" much it helps to get into the program you desire. You do get to meet the program director, so that gives you an opportunity to network. 

Also- I applied to 15 schools (which was crazy and I don't advice lol) Half are focused around Student Affairs and the other half are more policy, research oriented Higher Ed Master's programs. Best of luck everyone!!

Please let me know if anyone's heard from UMichigan or Harvard GSE. They are definitely part of my top 5 picks. 

emg28 -- we've applied to lots of the same places and for similar reasons, I see. I also applied to UMich and HGSE. HGSE definitely won't get back to us until March, I think. As for the former, I'm hoping we'll have news in 2 or 3 weeks since the campus visit is in mid-March.

Nicolemae: I hope we hear soon from U Michigan because I'm affraid that the preview weekends for HGSE, Penn GSE, and U Mich will all coincide. :unsure:

Lulubelle: I haven't heard a thing from them. But I also applied to the assistantships, so I'm not sure if that slows down the process. I'm assuming they won't announce anything until early March. Btw, where you able to upload things on your app? I wasn't allowed to. :wacko:

Emg, I applied to assistantships, too, so that will probably drag it out a little longer. But I think one of their two sets of interview days is near the end of February, so I imagine at least part of the group will hear back in the next couple of weeks. Who knows when, though! I submitted my app so long ago that I can barely remember it, but I don't recall having any problems uploading anything. Good luck!

Emg, I applied to assistantships, too, so that will probably drag it out a little longer. But I think one of their two sets of interview days is near the end of February, so I imagine at least part of the group will hear back in the next couple of weeks. Who knows when, though! I submitted my app so long ago that I can barely remember it, but I don't recall having any problems uploading anything. Good luck!

It's probably because I have a Mac. I swear, the world hates Macs. lol  :rolleyes:  Good luck as well!

Not sure if anyone else applied to Northwestern on here (haven't seen the name mentioned much), but I heard from them today via postal mail. My first acceptance and a really nice surprise!  :D I submitted my application on 1/14 (the deadline) and the letter was sent on 1/23. What a turnaround time!

Not sure if anyone else applied to Northwestern on here (haven't seen the name mentioned much), but I heard from them today via postal mail. My first acceptance and a really nice surprise!  :D I submitted my application on 1/14 (the deadline) and the letter was sent on 1/23. What a turnaround time!
Congrats Loseric! Many more!

Congrats! Which program did you apply to? I also applied to the PhD there (but I suspect to different areas, since mine was due 12/31...?)

Not sure if anyone else applied to Northwestern on here (haven't seen the name mentioned much), but I heard from them today via postal mail. My first acceptance and a really nice surprise! :D I submitted my application on 1/14 (the deadline) and the letter was sent on 1/23. What a turnaround time!

Ohhh! Congrats!!!

To emg and lulubelle, I also applied to UVM (PhD). Was there a separate application for assistantantships/fellowships?

There was a separate assistantship application for the master's higher ed program. It was via email and was due a few weeks after the main one. They're sort of a package deal when it comes to interviews/admission for our program. (You can go without one but have to get the practice hours somewhere else.) 

Congrats Loseric! Many more!

Ohhh! Congrats!!!

Thanks, emg and edyoukateor! I'm really excited, this program is easily in my top three list for schools.  :D 

Congrats! Which program did you apply to? I also applied to the PhD there (but I suspect to different areas, since mine was due 12/31...?)

Ednerd, I applied for the Masters in higher education administration. I'm thinking the MA turnaround time is a lot quicker than the PhD's, even if your deadline was earlier. Good luck to you - hope you hear soon!

Congratulations Loseric!

I also see that there were interview invites for UVM's HESA master's program. Congrats, guys! Do we know if they send them all out in a bunch? I didn't get one, which I expected, but I have some other travel plans I want to make and don't want to jump the gun about making them...

Looks like a bunch of people were accepted to Vanderbilt's MA programs! Hopefully PhD acceptances will be in soon.

Yesterday I received my invite to the visit day next month at Vanderbilt!  It is one of my top schools and the first news I've heard from any program so I'm definitely excited.  Anyone else planning on going?

I'm going for the MA in Higher Ed Admin.

Hey all, 
Congrats to those who have received good news lately :)

I just got rejected from the University of Maryland's Student Affairs Master's program.  I don't care for this feeling at all!  Any hints on how to take the sting out of rejection?  I have a number of schools I am waiting to hear back from, and now I'm worried I'll have a string of rejection letters coming my way.

Also, could somebody please tell me how to add a signature?  I am new here.

Thanks!  

Applied: Oh, a bunch of places...

Interviewed: UVA

Accepted: Florida State

Rejected: Maryland