Applying Fall 2013? Where?

EdNerd2013

Charlie3 and suorange03: I heard from USC's PASA program last week on February 7th, with an invitation to Preview Day on Feb. 22nd (which I won't be able to attend because it conflicts with another preview weekend I'm already attending . I was actually surprised to hear anything so soon, as they first couldn't find my app and afterwards couldn't process it (I have no idea how that happens when everything is submitted) and kept emailing me back and forth. Whoever's running the whole thing is a bit disorganized. Hope you guys hear soon!!
Kind of funny, but of course what did I get in the mail when I got home? My rejection letter! I kind of laughed. Good thing it wasn't one of my top picks. Strange how even a rejection feels good sometimes since it takes the anxiety of not knowing out of the picture.

Kind of funny, but of course what did I get in the mail when I got home? My rejection letter! I kind of laughed. Good thing it wasn't one of my top picks. Strange how even a rejection feels good sometimes since it takes the anxiety of not knowing out of the picture.

Sorry to hear that! But I definitely understand the feeling of relief when you know where you stand with some of these schools. I thought I would be okay by now..But having some schools still pending and knowing I won't find out till March is actually starting to drive me a little nuts lol. Best of luck with the remaining schools!

Hi all! Wondering if anyone else applied to Rutgers GSE for a PhD/EdD? Any movement at the admissions office there?

Hi Sumac77,

I applied to Rutgers for a PhD and I haven't heard a thing! Here's hoping we both hear something soon! 

Carrying on from the previous discussions about USC, did anyone else get that email about Preview Day they just sent out? Not sure why they'd sent that to me when I have no admissions results yet from them.

Carrying on from the previous discussions about USC, did anyone else get that email about Preview Day they just sent out? Not sure why they'd sent that to me when I have no admissions results yet from them.

Hi Nicolemae, I got that email this morning too, even though I got my rejection letter in the mail yesterday.  I'm hoping you get better news than I did!

Hi Nicolemae, I got that email this morning too, even though I got my rejection letter in the mail yesterday.  I'm hoping you get better news than I did!
Did you ever get a rejection email? I haven't received anything, but my mail is sent to China. I'm guessing a rejection letter is on its way, but I won't get it for a week or two.

Did you ever get a rejection email? I haven't received anything, but my mail is sent to China. I'm guessing a rejection letter is on its way, but I won't get it for a week or two.
I checked my mailbox today morning after having been out of town for a few days -- nothing at all. I won't be able to go over for Preview Day anyway even if I am admitted, unless they offer travel funding.... Oh well. :( their slow responses to my emails as well as taking four months to find and process my transcripts gave me a bad first impression of them, I think.

Hi all! Wondering if anyone else applied to Rutgers GSE for a PhD/EdD? Any movement at the admissions office there?

Spoke with POI last week, who pushed up the meeting by a week. Said the change was because the Grad School wants to make decisions sooner. No way to know for sure, but I'm thinking late this week or next. There has been no change to my online status page since all of my materials were received.

Spoke with POI last week, who pushed up the meeting by a week. Said the change was because the Grad School wants to make decisions sooner. No way to know for sure, but I'm thinking late this week or next. There has been no change to my online status page since all of my materials were received.

Hi RandiZ,

Did your POI contact you first, or did you contact him or her first? Just wondering if I should panic about how no one has reached out to me  ;)

Hi RandiZ,

Did your POI contact you first, or did you contact him or her first? Just wondering if I should panic about how no one has reached out to me  ;)

I can not be certain of what was in his head. I met with another POI in the fall who recommended that I also speak with him but he was on sabbatical. I contacted him as soon as the spring semester began. He was crazy busy from coming back to school. It felt more to me that he made a definite time to meet me after the department knew who they were interested in. So, I guess you can say that I contacted him first. I can not say with certainty if he actually met with me because he is polite or because I'm on some list.

Hi everyone,

I have applied to two phd programs. UCLA Human Development and Psychology and Claremont Graduate University Applied Social Psycholgy.  I was accepted at UCLA this week monday and I have yet to hear back from CGU. Is anyone else here applying or been accepted into UCLA?

Good luck to everyone applying!

Edited by dctinafri

Hi everyone,

I have applied to two phd programs. UCLA Human Development and Psychology and Claremont Graduate University Applied Social Psycholgy.  I was accepted at UCLA this week monday and I have yet to hear back from CGU. Is anyone else here applying or been accepted into UCLA?

Good luck to everyone applying!

I was accepted to UCLA, but for a different program.