Applying Fall 2013? Where?

EdNerd2013

Good luck, Lindsey! I'm in Chengdu right now, and I also applied at TC and Penn, although for different programs. So are you actually studying full-time in China, or on an exchange program of sorts? A few of my colleagues came here to do degrees, including a guy from Georgia who majored in Chinese and teaches Chinese language!

Hi everyone. I'm an international student living in China now, it's my first time to post some words on this forum! Now I am applying Master program mainly on educational technology 'cause my undergraduate major is that.

Columbia Univ. - Instructional Technology and Media

UPenn - Learning Science and Technologies

UMich Ann Arbor - Digital Media and Education

New York Univ. - Digital Media Design for Learning

Indiana Univ. Bloomington - Instructional Systems Technology

Penn State Univ. - Instructional Systems

Edited by wjdavis

Good luck, Lindsey! I'm in Chengdu right now, and I also applied at TC and Penn, although for different programs. So are you actually studying full-time in China, or on an exchange program of sorts? A few of my colleagues came here to do degrees, including a guy from Georgia who majored in Chinese and teaches Chinese language!

Wow, that's awesome! I am now studying full-time in China, actually in my senior year of undergraduate. As you said you were a PhD student at the University of New Mexico, are you planning to apply for different program this time comparing with five years ago?

I'm applying to the same one at University of New Mexico--they call it "Multicultural Teacher and Childhood Education," which is just the southwestern way of saying Curriculum and Instruction I guess. That was actually the only school I applied to five years ago, as I wasn't intending to leave New Mexico since I had a license there and I was hoping to continue teaching. This time around, I'm pursuing other programs, although they are obviously highly competitive. I may be applying elsewhere in 2014, depending on the outcome. It's hard to really look at schools seriously when you're like 7,000 miles away, though.   :)

I'm applying to the same one at University of New Mexico--they call it "Multicultural Teacher and Childhood Education," which is just the southwestern way of saying Curriculum and Instruction I guess. That was actually the only school I applied to five years ago, as I wasn't intending to leave New Mexico since I had a license there and I was hoping to continue teaching. This time around, I'm pursuing other programs, although they are obviously highly competitive. I may be applying elsewhere in 2014, depending on the outcome. It's hard to really look at schools seriously when you're like 7,000 miles away, though.   :)

Well, I can't agree more when you said it was hard to have a deeper understanding of schools when standing far away. So, I have to visit different forums to collect information.  :D

Hi all,

Reading your post has been a great aid during "the Wait."  I applied to the Ed.L.D @ Harvard. Does anyone know if the applications are being reviewed right now? Is there a point system? if so what is it?

Got a DM today about one of the places I interviewed last year in order to get an idea of the general process and I thought that might be something others could be wondering about too. So in general, I received an email the 3rd week of January inviting me to Penn for interviews. The next day they posted on the blog that all the emails had gone out. For Vanderbilt, I received a phone call then an email (can't remember how far in advance the call was before the email) the 4th week of January for interviews. That's definitely not to say it will 100% happen the same way this year (esp because I think one of those institutions is changing the traditional time of the weekend which may move the interview contact date). Just figured the info might be helpful.

If you want more specific info you can always DM. Hope the waiting isn't too unbearable (as one who almost let herself be driven crazy, go out, see friends, do things you love!).

What keeps me going is all that free time I think I'm going to have when the worrying about graduate school is over.

Oh, wait...I'll probably just do what I did before graduate school applications and use that time worrying about teaching instead... sZsi9XwLEo7aEXMeGoMiLadWBbdiQbdaOoNmEYh0

Applied to 

NYU - PhD in International Ed

TC - EdD in International Ed Development

Loyola-Chicago - PhD in Cultural & Educational Policy Studies w/ conc in Comp Studies

SUNY Albany - PhD in Educational Administration & Policy Studies

Waiting to hear back from all...

Guest HEPhD13

Looks like people are hearing from Vanderbilt today in the results section! I didn't apply there but good luck to all those who did!

Looks like people are hearing from Vanderbilt today in the results section! I didn't apply there but good luck to all those who did!

I did (and to that program) and am now TOTALLY freaking out... (I'm telling myself that if I don't hear anything in the next 48-72 hours, it's likely a rejection...)

I did (and to that program) and am now TOTALLY freaking out... (I'm telling myself that if I don't hear anything in the next 48-72 hours, it's likely a rejection...)

Wishing you all the best!!!!!!!!!!

Hello! 

I just got the call yesterday from UCLA (Student Affairs), which was a big surprise for me! Is there anyone on here that applied to UCLA GSEIS or knows about their Student Affairs program? Most of my research has come from their website.

Best of luck to everyone waiting! I'm still waiting for a few too, hopefully it won't be too long...

I know right? I'm clueless as to how many apply but we'll see. I hope it works out for us!! I think they start inviting people to interviews in the first few weeks of Feb. I have no idea how to wait for this lol. Where else did you apply?

I know right? I'm clueless as to how many apply but we'll see. I hope it works out for us!! I think they start inviting people to interviews in the first few weeks of Feb. I have no idea how to wait for this lol. Where else did you apply?
That was it! It was the only program that met my needs and matched my desires! I'm big on job-embedded professional development, cross curricular learning and practice based research. It truly is my dream program!!

Guest HEPhD13

That was it! It was the only program that met my needs and matched my desires! I'm big on job-embedded professional development, cross curricular learning and practice based research. It truly is my dream program!!

Good for you! That's some serious confidence. I applied to 7 schools and am waiting to hear from all 7 still.

Good for you! That's some serious confidence. I applied to 7 schools and am waiting to hear from all 7 still.
I guess you can call it confidence...I just call it hope! Worst thing that happens if I get rejected, is I don't get the opportunity (and they miss out on me! ;)) I have a great job, family, church, friends, (not to mention WARM) life here in Florida! I'll just try again next year!