Harvard Kennedy School Admissions

pete-mc

I think, until we get another blog post announcing decisions, everyone should ignore the results database if you want to avoid a mini panic attack.

Edit: I stand corrected. Now I'm terrified.

Edited by soapwater

I just got in!! Excited! Kind of... depends on financial aid, which is obviously a big discussion on this forum, haha.

Do you mind sharing your background/stats with us?

Rejected. Kind of shocked I wasn't even waitlisted, but I had a terrible GRE quant score and no quant background.

Don't let anyone tell you HKS isn't competitive. 

I'm out as well.  Bummed to get a rejection, but the more I thought about it, the more I felt like the Kennedy School wasn't the program for me.

Congratulations to all the admits!

Three schools to go -- hoping to get some better news tomorrow :)

I just logged in to see what was going on, and it is really happening.  Are all of you that heard MPP candidates?  I suppose they will do as in the past and release by program......and the mid-careers are last; hopefully will hear by COB Friday.

I know some of you are disappointed but if you really want HKS I would recommend that you reapply because it really does help to show them you like them and are committed. I was rejected and I reapplied and was accepted as well. School will always be there so don't feel like you have to start school again this year. And contrary to all my bashing of HKS, that sub 20% acceptance rate is real and the question is not "Why was I rejected" but "Why was I accepted".

Also, does anyone know of situations in which people got dinged by HKS, but admitted to WWS? I guess I should just give up on that application, too.

Definitely not - every program is different!  Also, when evaluating an applicant's candidacy, I understand the WWS places less weight on GRE scores than HKS.  Don't give up hope!