Penn GSE

HigherEd2013

With the Penn master's application due tomorrow... Does anyone else have an incomplete application status when you know everything is turned in? It's showing up that they received every transcript, LOR, application submission, and GRE score. Underneath it says completed (yay!) as of such and such time and date. However, the bold "incomplete" in bigger letters at the top of my page is freaking me out. The only thing I can think of is that my recommenders turned everything in only a few days ago and the grad school might have to manually change the application to complete.

Also, I can't tell if this is a legitimate concern or if I'm officially going crazy. That is honestly what is keeping me from contacting admissions about it.The next two months are going to be rough :/.

Hi!

I am also applying to the masters in higher ed. program at Penn but I was wondering which page you are looking at. I click on the "check application status" but then just get linked to the application itself, which shows it has been submitted along with the recommendations. And though I'm not certain of the application process on the admissions side, if you have turned everything in, you should be completely fine!

OP, this link from the Admissions blog should explain the reason behind the complete/incomplete issue: http://penngseadmissions.blogspot.com/2010/04/man-vs-machine.html.

I thought Penn masters programs had rolling admissions until August.

FYI, while that's true of some programs, the HE program has a priority deadline (1/15) and a final deadline in March.

For those who have applied to a Penn GSE program with rolling admissions, have you heard anything back from them yet? I sent in my application on Jan 5th, but I still haven't received an email saying that they are reviewing my application. The Penn GSE blog says that decisions will be sent out about 4 weeks after you get your initial email, but how many of these have gone out? 

I can just imagine my application collecting dust in a corner, overlooked and forgotten... :(

Edited by BellJarred

Guest HEPhD13

For those who have applied to a Penn GSE program with rolling admissions, have you heard anything back from them yet? I sent in my application on Jan 5th, but I still haven't received an email saying that they are reviewing my application. The Penn GSE blog says that decisions will be sent out about 4 weeks after you get your initial email, but how many of these have gone out? 

I can just imagine my application collecting dust in a corner, overlooked and forgotten... :(

Don't worry too much! From looking at last year's thread, some people had not heard back for 5-6 weeks although they thought they would hear in 4 weeks.

I actually applied for the PhD program and am waiting to hear about interviews-- from past years, this coming weekend has been their usual notification time frame!

Hi!

I am also applying to the masters in higher ed. program at Penn but I was wondering which page you are looking at. I click on the "check application status" but then just get linked to the application itself, which shows it has been submitted along with the recommendations. And though I'm not certain of the application process on the admissions side, if you have turned everything in, you should be completely fine!

I was at work all day and now can reply to this. Just click "Apply" on the left hand side which will give you a drop down menu and click "Check Application Status."

I submitted my app on Halloween night (was a Wednesday), and got my acceptance email from the program director on the following Tuesday. She emailed me prior to the official UPenn email that came shortly afterwards (I think it came later the same day or the following day) that stated that my admission decision was posted online.

Edited by CQE

I was at work all day and now can reply to this. Just click "Apply" on the left hand side which will give you a drop down menu and click "Check Application Status."

Thanks a bunch. I think Penn still needs to update my account because that link just takes me to the application submission page (I submitted it on Jan. 14). Many of your schools are also on my list - Penn, UCLA, SUSE and Harvard! :)

Don't worry too much! From looking at last year's thread, some people had not heard back for 5-6 weeks although they thought they would hear in 4 weeks.

I actually applied for the PhD program and am waiting to hear about interviews-- from past years, this coming weekend has been their usual notification time frame!

I'm in the same boat here, regarding PhD at Penn. I'm hoping there's some word late this week or beginning of next week!

Guest HEPhD13

Check your emails! For PhD applicants, interview weekend is February 1-3.

Congrats! I'm hoping not all of the emails went out yet-- unfortunately didn't get one.

Would you mind sharing which PhD area/program you applied to?

I'd like to know what program you applied for as well, if you don't mind sharing.

Edited by HEPhD13

Congrats! I'm hoping not all of the emails went out yet-- unfortunately didn't get one.

Exactly my thoughts. We all wish the best to everyone... but we also want to get some interview invitations!!!

Exactly my thoughts. We all wish the best to everyone... but we also want to get some interview invitations!!!

I didn't receive anything either and share the same hopes! In the past, invites have been sent on the third Thursday of January, so we'll see what tomorrow brings!

Guest HEPhD13

In the past, invites have been sent on the third Thursday of January, so we'll see what tomorrow brings!

That's what I was going off of as well--here is hoping for tomorrow!

Would you mind sharing which PhD area/program you applied to? And also the time stamp on your email...?

Thanks!

Quantitative Methods...got the email at exactly 2 p.m. Eastern. I doubt all the emails are sent simultaneously, but the February 1-3 schedule seems to apply to every program.

Fingers crossed, everyone!

I got an email this afternoon as well for the Ph.D weekend. Something I learned last year: if you selected that you're willing to be considered for the Ed.D program, they don't necessarily tell you that they are moving your application to a different "pile." Last year, I applied for the Ph.D and was disappointed when I didn't hear anything about the weekend - until I got an email a week or two later with an invite to the Ed.D weekend.

The Penn GSE admissions blog just posted that all invitations to the PhD weekend were sent yesterday. I didn't get the invitation, but am looking forward to the recruitment weekend at Vanderbilt!

Here's the link: http://penngseadmissions.blogspot.com/2013/01/update-on-doctoral-applications.html