Acceptance Freakout Thread

Good news: I finally have a chili pepper on ratemyprofessor. 

YOUR LIFE IS NOW COMPLETE

OH HAI, CLAUDETTE.

The chicken was delicious, rice.

"If you think I'm tired today, wait until you see me tomorrow!"

"Lisa looks so hawt tonight!"

"I'm not pregnant: I made it up to make things more interesting!"

Edited by Two Espressos

Tell me there are AMAZING special features. OMG, is there director commentary?!?! If so, I may have to rescind my previous post. 

I'm not sure.  There are definitely deleted scenes, an interview with Wiseau, behind-the-scenes footage, etc.  The DVD is worth it for the multitudinous spelling/grammar errors alone: iconic scenes are just that much better when they're listed as, e.g., "You're tearing me a part Lisa!"

I'm not sure.  There are definitely deleted scenes, an interview with Wiseau, behind-the-scenes footage, etc.  The DVD is worth it for the multitudinous spelling/grammar errors alone: iconic scenes are just that much better when they're listed as, e.g., "You're tearing me a part Lisa!"

Haha, what a story, Mark.

The Room plays a couple of times a month at one of our local theaters.  A few years ago they did a special midnight showing attended by Wiseau himself, as well as the guy who plays Mark, and they answered questions afterward. I went. It was ridiculous.  

I watched The Room after this same conversation happened 3 yeas ago when I was applying to MFAs. If you don't know it... it will change your life.

You're my favorite customer.

Edited by asleepawake

Woohoo for the recent admit! I'm still in review at OSU, so my neurotic self called and asked what was up. They are still meeting and making decisions, so it's not over yet! The Graduate Program Director predicted that all decisions would be made within the next two weeks. Phew! That news will give my index finger a break from the refresh button.

Also, I logged into LinkedIn today and saw that the director at a different school where I applied has looked at my profile! I'm trying hard to not get too excited by this revelation...

Woohoo for the recent admit! I'm still in review at OSU, so my neurotic self called and asked what was up. They are still meeting and making decisions, so it's not over yet! The Graduate Program Director predicted that all decisions would be made within the next two weeks. Phew! That news will give my index finger a break from the refresh button.

Also, I logged into LinkedIn today and saw that the director at a different school where I applied has looked at my profile! I'm trying hard to not get too excited by this revelation...

Thanks, proflorax, for passing along what you found out. At least now I know how long the painful, neurotic waiting OSU is putting us through will potentially last. 

Here's hoping that LinkedIn view means good news is headed your way soon!

What schools are you waiting on?

Sorry, it took so long to answer...I think this question was to me!  Anyhoo (and please don't judge) I have applied to one program.  It is a Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Composition, which would be perfect for me since I have been teaching in general for 13 years and teaching composition for 6.