Acceptance Freakout Thread

I can claim the UVA acceptance. Phone call about two hours ago.

It's a fantastic place-- a friendly and comforting atmosphere, a nice city (even if small), a welcoming group of students. Honestly, you can't go wrong there. I'm there at the moment, and I don't have any complaints. Go for it.

thanks. I'm afraid I'm not too optimistic myself though, and have opted for wine. I have to work tomorrow but I'm actually wishing to just pass out and not return. I can't imagine myself carrying on like this for an extended period of time. It's entirely possible however that I'm not built (or destined) for scholarship. :unsure:

how am I going to celebrate chinese new year? :unsure: I want to run into a corner and hide and never come back.

Last year I only applied to PhD programs, 10 of them in fact, and I got rejected from all of them. I honestly think that my scholarship needs to be beefed up by a good MA program, and that it will only help me when I go on to apply to PhD programs. I don't think people with a diverse background are looked down upon by graduate programs. I've been accepted to one program this go-around, which is super exciting to me. 

That would be my advice to anyone applying a second time, really take a hard look at the work you've done, and decide if it is PhD program quality work, or MA quality work. It has nothing to do with intelligence, but sometimes we all need a bit more skill building. I hope that you keep with it.

In other news, waiting for the other 8 is killing me! I think it's going to be a while before I hear back from the others. 

Last year I only applied to PhD programs, 10 of them in fact, and I got rejected from all of them. I honestly think that my scholarship needs to be beefed up by a good MA program, and that it will only help me when I go on to apply to PhD programs. I don't think people with a diverse background are looked down upon by graduate programs. I've been accepted to one program this go-around, which is super exciting to me. 

That would be my advice to anyone applying a second time, really take a hard look at the work you've done, and decide if it is PhD program quality work, or MA quality work. It has nothing to do with intelligence, but sometimes we all need a bit more skill building. I hope that you keep with it.

In other news, waiting for the other 8 is killing me! I think it's going to be a while before I hear back from the others. 

I already have an MA.................................

Someone asked for a claim on the Villanova admit - that was me, got an e-mail from someone in the Department, they said official word would come shortly after.

Congrats! I'm waiting to hear back from them and now I'm nervous.

ok I'm so calling them tomorrow :P the least they can do for me is to confirm the rejection for me so my POI and I know for sure

I bet they're doing wait list tomorrow! No more assuming rejection!

Edit: also, congrats to all of today's admits!

Edited by girl who wears glasses

ok I'm so calling them tomorrow :P the least they can do for me is to confirm the rejection for me so my POI and I know for sure

Don't lose hope! I started steeling myself for rejection when acceptances were posted yesterday, then got an email today. It looks like only a few posts are up for what I think is one of the larger cohorts (could be wrong about that, don't remember the source), so it's very possible that they are coming out in waves.

This results board is both a blessing and a curse. (Mostly a curse lately, especially since none of my schools have actually contacted me yet either way.)