Acceptance Freakout Thread

Guys, did any of us really want to live in Philadelphia though? "Blessing in disguise"

Hey don't dismiss Philly. It has an amazing restaurant scene (some say better than New York). It's totally walkable and the people are very nice. Unlike New York. 

Hey don't dismiss Philly. It has an amazing restaurant scene (some say better than New York). It's totally walkable and the people are very nice. Unlike New York. 

Seconded. Philly rules. 

Guys, did any of us really want to live in Philadelphia though? "Blessing in disguise"

What's wrong with Philadelphia? This is a serious question. My town (and I say town, but I really mean crappy town) doesn't even have a movie theater.

Give me a library and a theater, and I'm happy. :P

I have turned into the world's least productive human. I have an entire book to copy-edit and all I can do is compulsively refresh like 5 tabs on gradcafe.

Same here. My attention span has reached an all-time low and I'm supposed to finish reading The Human Condition by tomorrow morning...guess not.

Me three (not productive), which is obvious, because I'm flooding the thread. Sorry for flooding the thread, but I talk (type) a lot when I'm nervous.

It's 7 pm over here, my pilates class starts in 45 minutes, and all I do is f5 f5 f5 f5. Luckily, my work for today is done, otherwise it would be a disaster.

Edited by The Whistler

What's wrong with Philadelphia? This is a serious question. My town (and I say town, but I really mean crappy town) doesn't even have a movie theater.

Give me a library and a theater, and I'm happy. :P

I actually like Philadelphia, in certain ways... I much prefer their airport, for instance. I also love the Duck Tours

Lolz, I wish I could join you all in being nervous about U Penn, but I'm not holding out even the slightest bit of hope that I'll be accepted there. Nor do I really care. Whenever they get around to rejecting me, I'll take it with zero surprise. But aaahh, I REALLY hope that someone here gets good news, soon! I like sharing in other people's joy. :)

Fib or no, that doesn't change the fact that at least one real person has gotten an acceptance..... I don't know if it was by phone call or not though, I should ask. But I feel like a weirdo since I've done that with at least 2 of their other acceptances lol. 

I'm claiming the Upenn acceptance -- I didn't get confused  [i hope lol] --- I'm an international so the results came to me via email

Super stoked, wish luck to all!!!

I'm claiming the Upenn acceptance -- I didn't get confused  --- I'm an international so the results came to me via email

Congrats! Tremendous accomplishment.

Edited by ImWantHazPhD

I'm claiming the Upenn acceptance -- I didn't get confused  [i hope lol] --- I'm an international so the results came to me via email

Congrats!!!

What are your research interests if you don't mind me asking?

Does anyone know generally around what time schools usually make calls? Like after work hours or during? I guess they're probably all different and there's no real answer to this. Sorry for being totally neurotic and transparent but that's how I feel right now, in rapidly increasing levels.

Congrats!!!  :lol:

Congrats! Didn't mean to imply you were below average intelligence or anything :P MANY people constantly confuse both schools. 

Me three (not productive), which is obvious, because I'm flooding the thread. Sorry for flooding the thread, but I talk (type) a lot when I'm nervous.

It's 7 pm over here, my pilates class starts in 45 minutes, and all I do is f5 f5 f5 f5. Luckily, my work for today is done, otherwise it would be a disaster.

I just listened to your link below Whistler. Nice song. Wasn't familiar with it.