Has anyone applied to HDFS?

slowness

Hi guys! I've been lurking around here for a month or more & finally decided it was time to take the plunge & make some friends. :D 

First off, I wanted to say congrats to eaboo316 for getting into WSU! I go there now, as an undergrad - the program is great, & very new. I wish we had faculty doing the type of research I want to do in the future, because I love my current mentor & I also took a grad class this past Fall & loved that professor as well. So good luck to you if you decide to come here! 

I'm also applying to HDFS & have been rejected from about half my schools so far. I've been interviewed for two programs, one of which I got rejected from & one of which I got accepted to [Oregon State]. I've also been waitlisted for UW-Madison. It's all so stressful, but knowing that I at least have that one acceptance is such a relief!

I saw you were all talking about Penn State, which I also applied to & noticed the slew of acceptances/rejections in the results search. I have not heard from them yet either, but I also haven't checked my mail in a few days. We'll see tomorrow! 

Hi guys! I've been lurking around here for a month or more & finally decided it was time to take the plunge & make some friends. :D

First off, I wanted to say congrats to eaboo316 for getting into WSU! I go there now, as an undergrad - the program is great, & very new. I wish we had faculty doing the type of research I want to do in the future, because I love my current mentor & I also took a grad class this past Fall & loved that professor as well. So good luck to you if you decide to come here! 

I'm also applying to HDFS & have been rejected from about half my schools so far. I've been interviewed for two programs, one of which I got rejected from & one of which I got accepted to [Oregon State]. I've also been waitlisted for UW-Madison. It's all so stressful, but knowing that I at least have that one acceptance is such a relief!

I saw you were all talking about Penn State, which I also applied to & noticed the slew of acceptances/rejections in the results search. I have not heard from them yet either, but I also haven't checked my mail in a few days. We'll see tomorrow! 

Thanks so much for your congrats and congrats on your acceptance to Oregon State!  And that's great you went to WSU for undergrad!  Do you mind if I PM you some questions about the area? 

Silverstars, if you send e-mail to them, they will let you know right away. That's how I got rejected.. I just got official admission from Iowa State University with funding. Thankful yet since UMD is my top choice, still praying. Good luck, everyone.

Silverstars, if you send e-mail to them, they will let you know right away. That's how I got rejected.. I just got official admission from Iowa State University with funding. Thankful yet since UMD is my top choice, still praying. Good luck, everyone.

Thanks for letting me know, but I got a letter via postal service today saying I was rejected. Oh well. Congrats on your acceptance!

Welcome :) Congrats on your admission to Oregon State! And among the universities you applied, is there UMD or ISU?

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum, and I‘m so excited to see so many friends talking about HDFS. I applied to this program too. Does anyone hear from Michigan State University? I got the interview on Feb 15. However, they said it takes a couple of weeks to make the decision. So nervous!

Good luck to everyone. Wish we all have the offer from dream school. :)

I also got a snail-mail rejection from Penn State. I'm not sure when I got it, but it had to have been sometime over the weekend. I agree - postal service rejection is brutal! That was the first paper anything I've gotten from any school. All I could think was how much of a waste of paper it was, haha. You couldn't have just sent an email?! Sigh.

Thanks so much for your congrats and congrats on your acceptance to Oregon State!  And that's great you went to WSU for undergrad!  Do you mind if I PM you some questions about the area? 

Not at all! I would be happy to answer any questions you have! :D

Welcome :) Congrats on your admission to Oregon State! And among the universities you applied, is there UMD or ISU?

Thanks so much! & nope, neither of those schools. But congrats on your admission to Iowa State as well! Woo!