Geography Application/Acceptance 2013

Jumat

God! I am admitted by Rutgers without funding!

Website says admitted but nothing about funding and no email. Who did you hear from? Also, MA or PhD?

Either is possible I suppose. If I don't hear anything in a couple of (business) days I'll call the grad school.

Congrats on getting accepted, though! Do you have any external funding options or does it become an automatic decline?

Either is possible I suppose. If I don't hear anything in a couple of (business) days I'll call the grad school.

Congrats on getting accepted, though! Do you have any external funding options or does it become an automatic decline?

no external funding options now i'm afraid...

jm-

I'm listed as accepted on the website as well, but haven't heard anything directly or about funding either, so you aren't alone.

-cd

That is good to know, thanks.

To the person accepted to the PhD program at UC Boulder but not offered funding: do you have external funding? I'm in a similar position at U of Oregon: admitted to PhD program but they're unable to offer me funding.  I haven't spoken to the DGS yet so I don't know if it's just me or if this reflects budget cuts at the department/university.  I don't have external funding but I'd really like to go to UO.  Not sure what to do...

To the person accepted to the PhD program at UC Boulder but not offered funding: do you have external funding? I'm in a similar position at U of Oregon: admitted to PhD program but they're unable to offer me funding.  I haven't spoken to the DGS yet so I don't know if it's just me or if this reflects budget cuts at the department/university.  I don't have external funding but I'd really like to go to UO.  Not sure what to do...

If I end up with no funding anywhere I'm going to use loans to pay for the first year then try to get enough external funding after that.

No funding from Rutgers, but my top POI would be my advisor and my second POI is also interested in working with me. Time to start looking for external money, though I doubt I would be able to get any this late.

Sorry to hear about your funding, but it's nice that they want you and your potential advisor is excited about your work. I still haven't heard one way or the other on my funding situation there. I'm planning a visit to check in with faculty members and get a feel for the department and town.

I briefly spoke to Amy Trauger today and she told me that UGA is reviewing apps right now but she mentioned that funding money is tight.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any update on Syracuse. I know that 75 applied, and 35 were cut in the first round about week or two weeks ago. (Also they are planing to bring in a small-er cohort this year due to financial troubles!)

thx.

Edited by Mcj7

Hi, I'm looking for some opinion on the Geography program at UCSB. How do you rank their program, especially in RS and GIS fields, alongside with other programs? Opinions on their reputation in both academia and industry are welcome. Thanks.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any update on Syracuse. I know that 75 applied, and 35 were cut in the first round about week or two weeks ago. (Also they are planing to bring in a small-er cohort this year due to financial troubles!)

thx.

Masters or PhD? I know I made the first cut for masters, the grad secretary told me that when I called about something else. Other than that I haven't heard anything. There was an acceptance by email posted but that seems to be against their MO.

Masters or PhD? I know I made the first cut for masters, the grad secretary told me that when I called about something else. Other than that I haven't heard anything. There was an acceptance by email posted but that seems to be against their MO.

Hey jmu, my curiosity was for Ph D program. I saw that MA acceptance as well and but not sure legit or not.

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, but I was the one who posted about Syracuse. I received an email from the DGS on 2/24 notifying me of my acceptance and funding. I then received the official letter from them two days ago- letter was dated 2/27. Hopefully you guys hear soon!

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, but I was the one who posted about Syracuse. I received an email from the DGS on 2/24 notifying me of my acceptance and funding. I then received the official letter from them two days ago- letter was dated 2/27. Hopefully you guys hear soon!

Thanks for the update OZ93ND.