Interview

Seatbelt Blue

I just received word from the admissions advisor that BC wants to do a Skype interview with me. The program's website says a personal interview may be requested, not that one is required.

Is this a good or a bad thing?

I just received word from the admissions advisor that BC wants to do a Skype interview with me. The program's website says a personal interview may be requested, not that one is required.

You might be up for some sort of fellowship. When I was there they had a handful of folks that got stipends, I think. Then again, things have changed quite a bit from what I hear, since the department is relatively new. Either way, it's a good thing. Wear a tie with no pants and all will be well.

Edited by jdmhotness

Well, let's hope. I should be taking this as a good sign regarding my admission, then? The admissions board hasn't actually met, I'm told, and they're scheduling these interviews for just a few days beforehand.

You might be up for some sort of fellowship. When I was there they had a handful of folks that got stipends, I think. Then again, things have changed quite a bit from what I hear, since the department is relatively new. Either way, it's a good thing. Wear a tie with no pants and all will be well.

Not to be a stickler for these things, but might I recommend wearing a tie WITH pants. A shirt and jacket might be helpful also. Socks... shoes... you know, the basics...  :D

ah, just read more carefully... skype interview. But a funny image nonetheless for a non-skype interview...

However, I actually stand by what I said before... you'll feel more confident if you know you're entirely dressed for the interview. Helps to put you in a good mindset. And you never know if you might have to get up to get something...

ah, just read more carefully... skype interview. But a funny image nonetheless for a non-skype interview...

However, I actually stand by what I said before... you'll feel more confident if you know you're entirely dressed for the interview. Helps to put you in a good mindset. And you never know if you might have to get up to get something...

I disagree. I'm certainly more comfortable sans pants. I'm vote #2 for a pantsless interview.

can you share your specialty?  did you get an email or phone call?