MSW programs in the Bay Area

Twoone

Yay for Mental Health! This school year I've been interning with some of the current SJSU MSw students (due to my BS being an online degree, I needed a local sight and scored getting to work with these ladies!) I constantly pick their brain and they are both SOO happy in the MH concentration!! Must say, they work HARD!!!

Where are you interning?

Heard from the Title IV-E program to let me know I'd have an interview today! Jackie says that we should get emails from Pnina on Monday to confirm if we've been given an interview so we can confirm the time. I found out by phone today only because she was very kind and courteous to give me a heads up so I could book the flight out to SJ :) Any other CYF acceptees to SJSU? Did you apply to the stipend program as well?

East Side Union HS. It's my first case management experience.. which gave me the only real social work experience I've had thus far! I was freaking out because everyone on this board had been talking about their hundreds of hours of experience!

Heard from the Title IV-E program to let me know I'd have an interview today! Jackie says that we should get emails from Pnina on Monday to confirm if we've been given an interview so we can confirm the time. I found out by phone today only because she was very kind and courteous to give me a heads up so I could book the flight out to SJ :) Any other CYF acceptees to SJSU? Did you apply to the stipend program as well?

COngrats on the interview! Do you know when your interview is? I'm wondering if i'd still have a chance at the stipend if i did end up getting into the school later....Can you share any interview questions after your interview ofcourse? :-)

COngrats on the interview! Do you know when your interview is? I'm wondering if i'd still have a chance at the stipend if i did end up getting into the school later....Can you share any interview questions after your interview ofcourse? :-)

Jackie from the Title IV-E dept is super helpful & she responds pretty fast. Interviews should either be on April 22 or May 14

Mine is May 14th, but like Sass said they are either April 22nd or May 14th so some people will have interviewed in the next couple of weeks before the date I go in.

Mine is May 14th, but like Sass said they are either April 22nd or May 14th so some people will have interviewed in the next couple of weeks before the date I go in.

oh okay! I really hope they save some interviews for us later acceptances lol... I wonder how many scholarships are even available this year....anyhow I really hope you get it! Good Luck

oh okay! I really hope they save some interviews for us later acceptances lol... I wonder how many scholarships are even available this year....anyhow I really hope you get it! Good Luck

Thanks!

I found this on the CalSWEC website, but I don't know how many are being interviewed so as far as odds/chances I'm not sure what they are:

Q: How many stipends are available?

A: Each of the current 21 graduate schools of social work with a Title IV-E MSW program may award up to 20 stipends per class of full-time students. Participating schools that have a part-time program may award up to 15 slots of student support per class of part-time students, to a maximum of 30 students.

Thanks!

I found this on the CalSWEC website, but I don't know how many are being interviewed so as far as odds/chances I'm not sure what they are:

Q: How many stipends are available?

A: Each of the current 21 graduate schools of social work with a Title IV-E MSW program may award up to 20 stipends per class of full-time students. Participating schools that have a part-time program may award up to 15 slots of student support per class of part-time students, to a maximum of 30 students.

Thank you! fingers crossed

Not sure if this applies but I read in another thread that those that received the FA on their to do list all got in despite being told from the dept they are not part of what FA does. Seems like those here on this thread received the FA in their to do list and also got in before they received admission. Was there anyone in here who got admitted but did NOT get a FA in their to do list?

Hello, just wondering, what school are you referring to? thanks!

Not sure if this applies but I read in another thread that those that received the FA on their to do list all got in despite being told from the dept they are not part of what FA does. Seems like those here on this thread received the FA in their to do list and also got in before they received admission. Was there anyone in here who got admitted but did NOT get a FA in their to do l

Hi,

Is anyone attending CSUEB?

I need to decide between CSUEB and hunter college in NY.

I could tell that hunter is a great program, but almost nobody is talking about CSUEB.

I'm hoping to get some feedback!

Thank you!

Hi,

Is anyone attending CSUEB?

I need to decide between CSUEB and hunter college in NY.

I could tell that hunter is a great program, but almost nobody is talking about CSUEB.

I'm hoping to get some feedback!

Thank you!

I heard csueb was "good, not bad" from someone I knew who attended... not much of a feedback but yeah... Thats all I got for you lol. Good luck on your decision

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I've accepted my offer at SJSU. Is anyone else on this forum going to SJSU??

Hi! Congrats and welcome! I will be attending SJSU's MSW program in the fall.  Field of practice: Aging. :)

Congrats to everyone that got accepted at SJSU. 

I got accepted at SJSU! My concentration is Children, Youth, and Families.

My phone number is (650) 208-6510. My name is Earl. If you accepted your offer at SJSU and wants to network early, feel free to text me!

Sincerely,

Earl  

Congrats to everyone that got accepted at SJSU. 

I got accepted at SJSU! My concentration is Children, Youth, and Families.

My phone number is (650) 208-6510. My name is Earl. If you accepted your offer at SJSU and wants to network early, feel free to text me!

Sincerely,

Earl  

Hi there Earl, 

We are the same concentration :)  You're the only other CYF concentration I know of that's been accepted too.  I sent you a PM

Finally accepted SJSU's offer, and joined this group after weeks of lurking lol! yah!

I'm also in the CYF concentration. 

I have a question: Do all accepted applicants get interviewed (I was reading previously about May 14th interviews?) or are they for scholarship/financial aid applicants? Thanks

Edited by arugkh

The interviews we were referring to are for the Title IV-E Stipend :)

Finally accepted SJSU's offer, and joined this group after weeks of lurking lol! yah!

I'm also in the CYF concentration.

I have a question: Do all accepted applicants get interviewed (I was reading previously about May 14th interviews?) or are they for scholarship/financial aid applicants? Thanks

• 6 months later...

I am applying for MSW at SJSU, CSUMB and at CSU East Bay for Fall 2014!

I'm nervous about CSU East Bay because I read they review and accept applicants on a rolling on basis and I still have yet to complete and submit my entire application to them =/