2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

Another week gone....still waiting to hear from seven schools. :rolleyes:

Those schools are slackin! I applied to 11, still waiting to hear from 6. Which schools are you waiting for?

Gallaudet...and six of the PA state schools (Bloom, IUP, Clarion, EUP, West Chester, ESU)...three of which are rumored to notify by end of March. Well not really rumored, it's on their webiste...and I'm assuming the other three will follow suit. Such a long month...lol.

Edited by slpdream

Gallaudet...and six of the PA state schools (Bloom, IUP, Clarion, EUP, West Chester, ESU)...three of which are rumored to notify by end of March. Well not really rumored, it's on their webiste...and I'm assuming the other three will follow suit. Such a long month...lol.

Goodness! I bet you'll be getting a ton of notices in the next 2 weeks! Gallaudet is a great school from what I've heard. Best of luck to you, I hope you hear something this Monday!

Goodness! I bet you'll be getting a ton of notices in the next 2 weeks! Gallaudet is a great school from what I've heard. Best of luck to you, I hope you hear something this Monday!

Thanks! Hopefully you won't have to wait too long to hear from the rest of yours either...and congrats on your acceptances =)

I got into Northwestern! Woo! There was a letter from the Graduate School on ApplyYourself. I wonder if we'll also be getting an email from the department?

Congrats!!!

An email I got from University of Northern Colorado said, " If you are inquiring about your graduate application, emails for admitted and alternate students have been sent. The Graduate School will send denial notices." (emphasis added). If this is a common way of notifying, it explains why often denials are sent earlier or later  than the acceptances and waitlists.

I got into Northwestern too!!!! Absolutely shocked, definitely wasn't expecting it with my GPA. I found it odd that the decision deadline to respond was so late - I'm assuming that we have a program-specific deadline closer to April that will come in an email or something?

Ahhhh, I got into Northwestern too! So exciting! Congrats, tuckerma and miscarthur. Anyone get funding? Probably would have been in the letter, huh?

On the Northwestern website for FAQs, it says "Notification of scholarship awardsisincluded in the admission letterfromDr. Marian

andDr. Thompson"  BUT the acceptance letter on the website is signed from Dwight McBride  ;)  Maybe that means funding will be included in the paper admissions packets they send? 

Ahhhh, I got into Northwestern too! So exciting! Congrats, tuckerma and miscarthur. Anyone get funding? Probably would have been in the letter, huh?

Seems like the letter is from the Graduate School and not from our program, so I bet any information is forthcoming! Fingers crossed for all of us!!!

An email I got from University of Northern Colorado said, " If you are inquiring about your graduate application, emails for admitted and alternate students have been sent. The Graduate School will send denial notices." (emphasis added). If this is a common way of notifying, it explains why often denials are sent earlier or later than the acceptances and waitlists.

Thank you for the details. I didn't get that email, but it helps me to understand that the list isn't EVERY student that was not offered a guaranteed spot.

Good luck on the CU waitlist, maybe you'll open a spot up for me there or I'll hear something good from Wyoming. Have a great weekend!

-Chris

Edited by cahurt

I got into Northwestern too!!!! Absolutely shocked, definitely wasn't expecting it with my GPA. I found it odd that the decision deadline to respond was so late - I'm assuming that we have a program-specific deadline closer to April that will come in an email or something?

CONGRATS!!! As a U Pitt alum... I hope you hear good things!

Anyone else for Northwestern NOT have a letter in there?!  I am guessing that is probably not good news....  :wacko:

I didn't have a letter either.. I'm not too worried b/c Northwestern was a long shot for me, and I've already been accepted to one of my top choices. I just would like to know sooner than later. I'm afraid to call and ask if all acceptances have been sent b/c I don't want to bother them lol

I didn't have a letter either.. I'm not too worried b/c Northwestern was a long shot for me, and I've already been accepted to one of my top choices. I just would like to know sooner than later. I'm afraid to call and ask if all acceptances have been sent b/c I don't want to bother them lol

And don't forget, NW is prohibitively expensive.  Yikes.  $43,000 a year is hard to swallow.

And don't forget, NW is prohibitively expensive.  Yikes.  $43,000 a year is hard to swallow.

Yeah, it seems that a lot of students decline for that reason. Many people are accepted from the waiting list (and many of them still decline due to the cost!).