2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

I accepted at UNC Chapel Hill and declined SUNY New Paltz.  It was a hard decision! Hopefully will help someone out on the waitlist.

I hope the NP waitlist starts moving soon. Of course, they won't tell us our rankings/spots!

I know you will have a wonderful time at UNC-Chapel Hill. I have heard so many positive things about the program and wish I had thought to apply there. :) Good luck!

Edited by slpf13

So um today is Friday...and from what I was told (by them last week) ETSU should have had decisions out by now and I have no confirmation either way. Should I call or wait til Monday since the 15th seems to be the magic number? I already don't like Mondays so I'm really anxious about this one :wacko:

So um today is Friday...and from what I was told (by them last week) ETSU should have had decisions out by now and I have no confirmation either way. Should I call or wait til Monday since the 15th seems to be the magic number? I already don't like Mondays so I'm really anxious about this one :wacko:

That's odd. You should call if they said to expect decisions by this week?

Haven't been on lately...probably because I only have one school to hear from and that won't be till after the 15th. I'm on five waitlists. Expecting this last school to either be a rejection or waitlist. Woo.

If you were waitlisted at Northeastern, check your portal. I was accepted off the waitlist without being notified of a change in my status... Almost wish I never looked because now I'm really rethinking my decision to attend FSU. NU was one of my top choices but I had given up hope and fell in love with FSU.

If you were waitlisted at Northeastern, check your portal. I was accepted off the waitlist without being notified of a change in my status... Almost wish I never looked because now I'm really rethinking my decision to attend FSU. NU was one of my top choices but I had given up hope and fell in love with FSU.

I was just accepted off of the waitlist at Northeastern too! When I saw your post, I checked my portal and there it was. It's nice to know that there really is hope of getting off of a waitlist. I just put my deposit in the mail for Montclair this morning too! I would have loved to have moved to Boston, but it's a very expensive city and Northeastern has very high tuition so I think I made the right decision with Montclair. The letter said I would receive an acceptance letter in the mail shortly. Thanks so much for the heads up! 

Edited by BlarneyStone87

Congrats fsustar!!!!

To Matrix, I've been told that changing everyone's portal takes awhile, so they may not have updated you yet. Also, don't give up on the schools you are wait listed for, I among other people on here have gotten off the wait list, so don't give up just yet!

in fact, i never heard anything from neu. no rejection, waitlist...nothing. my status hasnt changed since submission. is that odd?

A few girls in my undergrad program applied to NEU and still haven't heard anything. In fact, on the Northeastern thread, another poster offered up an explanation. They said that batches of applications were handed out to different faculty members, and their deadlines to make admissions decisions is 4/15. So there may be a few reasons. Don't worry yet!

I just got back from a trip to Colorado where I attended the Boulder open house. I'm accepting my offer for Boulder this weekend. I loved the campus and the program and am excited to begin taking speech coursework!

Congrats to everyone who received good news last week!

Anyone know if Mercy sends a formal letter a few days after the email decision? I applied to 2 different programs and haven't heard from one yet and of course there is not way of knowing which program the letter is for, no department indicated in letter, not even from a staff member of the program to give a clue.

Anyone know if Mercy sends a formal letter a few days after the email decision? I applied to 2 different programs and haven't heard from one yet and of course there is not way of knowing which program the letter is for, no department indicated in letter, not even from a staff member of the program to give a clue.

What did the letter say that you received?

I just got back from a trip to Colorado where I attended the Boulder open house. I'm accepting my offer for Boulder this weekend. I loved the campus and the program and am excited to begin taking speech coursework!

Congrats to everyone who received good news last week!

Congrats midnight!!! Good luck at Boulder! :)

What did the letter say that you received?

it was a vague letter about not enough room for qualified applicants, it was a rejection like the email sent to me said, but the message did not match the email I received. I'm just trying to figure out if the letter was just a for formality to send a postal letter. It also is dated only 2 days after i applied to the other program so it seems a little soon to be hearing back since i doubt all the supporting materials are in yet.

Edited by Burns_Brightly

it was a vague letter about not enough room for qualified applicants, it was a rejection like the email sent to me said, but the message did not match the email I received. I'm just trying to figure out if the letter was just a for formality to send a postal letter. It also is dated only 2 days after i applied to the other program so it seems a little soon to be hearing back since i doubt all the supporting materials are in yet.

I would call on Monday and ask. It sounds weird, so it doesn't hurt to double check. Good luck :).

I would call on Monday and ask. It sounds weird, so it doesn't hurt to double check. Good luck :).

Thanks, yea i figured i give em a ring, hate how these things always come on the weekends when I cant call to clarify when i get it.