2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

So do you think you'll go there even if you get good news from USC or UVA?

I have until April 15th, but I don't think I'll need that long to decide  :P . USF was always one of my top choices, especially because of their involvement with the Bolesta clinic (listening/hearing for children with CIs and hearing loss). All the research I did about the program aligned with my specific interests.

UVA has a wonderful program, but it is less related to my interests. I have a strong feeling I will be in Tampa Bay this time next year!

I WAS JUST ACCEPTED TO USF!!!! This is actually the happiest moment of my life. I cried tears of joy. Thank you all for supporting me through this time. It means so much.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!!

I have until April 15th, but I don't think I'll need that long to decide  :P . USF was always one of my top choices, especially because of their involvement with the Bolesta clinic (listening/hearing for children with CIs and hearing loss). All the research I did about the program aligned with my specific interests.

UVA has a wonderful program, but it is less related to my interests. I have a strong feeling I will be in Tampa Bay this time next year!

AWESOME! It sounds like a perfect program for you.

YAAHHH congrats!!!!! I was getting so irritated on your behalf that USF and UVA could not get it together.  You must be so relieved and EXCITED!

I WAS JUST ACCEPTED TO USF!!!! This is actually the happiest moment of my life. I cried tears of joy. Thank you all for supporting me through this time. It means so much. 

Congratulations!!! I can only imagine how happy you must feel!!  :D

Om my! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I wish I could say that all that pain/worry/fear makes it all the sweeter.. but I don't think that would be true. I'm so happy for you!!! 

Many congrats! I wish I would have applied this year considering I just finished the 2nd Bacc program last year. Oh well...may I ask your stats?

Many congrats! I wish I would have applied this year considering I just finished the 2nd Bacc program last year. Oh well...may I ask your stats?

Thanks!

I had a 3.654 overall GPA and a combined GRE score of 306. I also was treasurer of NSSLHA, held a peer advising position on campus, and had a related internship.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks guys!!!

I have a related question though. In my e-mail, it said to make sure that I took neuroanatomy before attending. I'm currently in a neurological functions and disorders course. Is that what most people consider neuroanatomy?

I'm considering e-mailing them next week to confirm that I will have the required pre-req. 

University of Utah is presently sending our notification e-mails, and despite my efforts to keep calm and not worry about it I am refreshing my inbox constantly. 

I should go for a walk. 

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god me and my mom have been rooting for you so hard! super congrats :) :)

Thanks guys!!!

I have a related question though. In my e-mail, it said to make sure that I took neuroanatomy before attending. I'm currently in a neurological functions and disorders course. Is that what most people consider neuroanatomy?

I'm considering e-mailing them next week to confirm that I will have the required pre-req. 

Yeah you should e-mail them the title of the class and an official description. and if you have a syllabus it can't hurt to send it their way, just to be safe. 

Thanks!!! Are you still leaning towards USF?

yeah ive decided to go to USF. i haven't sent my official acceptance in yet because i cant enroll in my online neuroanatomy course until March 31st so i want to make sure i'm officially enrolled in that,and have all my t's crossed and my i's dotted. I don't want to officially accept in case something goes wrong with the neuroanatomy course signups. There shouldn't be any problem, but I'm kind of a worrier haha   

yeah ive decided to go to USF. i haven't sent my official acceptance in yet because i cant enroll in my online neuroanatomy course until March 31st so i want to make sure i'm officially enrolled in that,and have all my t's crossed and my i's dotted. I don't want to officially accept in case something goes wrong with the neuroanatomy course signups. There shouldn't be any problem, but I'm kind of a worrier haha

I'm sure it will all work out :) how exciting!

For everyone who is wondering about hearing from UVA, this is what my adviser sent me when I asked him where I stood, because some people have gotten acceptances but I've (and a lot of you've) heard nothing. 

"You are in the undecided group. There is a small group that has been accepted. The committee is now waiting to make decisions for the next group, and I think that will still take a while.I am not sure how many more acceptances will go out, but I honestly think it will be a limited number."

I know that's limited information, but for anyone stressing, don't think that you've been rejected yet! you never really know I guess haha

Thanks guys!!!

I'd definitely email them to check on that; it will help to include the course catalog description and possibly even the class syllabus.

Edited by midnight streetlight

For everyone who is wondering about hearing from UVA, this is what my adviser sent me when I asked him where I stood, because some people have gotten acceptances but I've (and a lot of you've) heard nothing.

"You are in the undecided group. There is a small group that has been accepted. The committee is now waiting to make decisions for the next group, and I think that will still take a while.I am not sure how many more acceptances will go out, but I honestly think it will be a limited number."

I know that's limited information, but for anyone stressing, don't think that you've been rejected yet! you never really know I guess haha

Thank you for checking on that. It doesn't sound like too many more acceptances will go out, unfortunately. UVA seems to have a very small grad program!

Jmarti37, I am just now getting around to reading the forum. A huge congratulations to you. You really do deserve (as does everyone else on here). But, you have been so supportive of everyone while having to wait on USF dragging their feet. Congrats and good luck.

Congrats jmarti!! :D I know it's sounds weird, but after reading the forum for the last few days I was rooting for you! I'm going to USF too! Are you going to the open house coming up this week?