2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

Will we find out news on or after the deadline of 4/15? I can't wait any longerrrrrr.

If you're waitlisted, it's likely that you'll hear SOMETHING after the 4/15 deadline. That's usually when schools know if they will be taking from the waitlist, and who from the list will be accepted.

Good luck, we're all rooting for you. :)

Anyone know if Mercy sends a formal letter a few days after the email decision? I applied to 2 different programs and haven't heard from one yet and of course there is not way of knowing which program the letter is for, no department indicated in letter, not even from a staff member of the program to give a clue.

Was there no letterhead, no return address on the outer envelope, etc.?

Pretty much it stated welcome to graduate school and showed me all the websites that are important blah blah...o and when the orientation is. You?

Yeah I got that one too! I was on the phone with USF for a longggg time this morning, and basically was told that our admissions are unofficial. We still need to be approved by the college of behavioral sciences, and then our admissions will be processed by the graduate school. They told me it could be about a month before we get the official OK, but that it's all just a formality type of thing.

:)

Also, do you know how students typically dress for classes? I was reading the handbook and it said that we need to wear scrubs for clinical. 

Awww okay! And yeah that's true. They wear these blue scrubs to the clinic, but I want to say they wear regular "appropriate" cloths to class. I personally like the scrubs, I feel like it makes you look legit :P

I hate to spam the thread like this, but I really need advice from y'all:

AFTER declining their offer, Vandy offered me a 25% scholarship this morning! It would still be 10k more expensive than Baylor, but 10k isn't a huge amount in the grand scheme...I really love both schools and think I'd be happy/successful at either, but now I'm having doubts.  

What do you think/what would you do, fellow SLPs?? Thanks :D 

katieliz456, I think Baylor sounds better. Because of the scholarship you'll be getting every semester (I think you said 25K) Plus, it's starting in the summer, so you get a head start :) And 10K more doesn't sound too enticing to me. GL with your decision though! Go with whatever you feel comfortable living with foreverr :) lol!

I hate to spam the thread like this, but I really need advice from y'all:   AFTER declining their offer, Vandy offered me a 25% scholarship this morning! It would still be 10k more expensive than Baylor, but 10k isn't a huge amount in the grand scheme...I really love both schools and think I'd be happy/successful at either, but now I'm having doubts.     What do you think/what would you do, fellow SLPs?? Thanks :D 
I didn't apply to Vandy, but I am from Nashville and have many friends and family members who have gone to the Bill Wilkerson Center for therapy. The opportunities Vandy provides are incredible, and I would jump for the opportunity. And maybe I am a bit partial to the city! (To be fair, I don't know anything about Baylor.)

I didn't apply to Vandy, but I am from Nashville and have many friends and family members who have gone to the Bill Wilkerson Center for therapy. The opportunities Vandy provides are incredible, and I would jump for the opportunity. And maybe I am a bit partial to the city! (To be fair, I don't know anything about Baylor.)

I feel similarly, though I'm sure you can't go wrong either way, Katie! You have two great and well deserved opportunities.

Also, I hope all of our Boston people are safe and sound. What a horrific day.

Thank you guys all so much for the input! I ultimately decided on Baylor-- the program seems like a much better fit for me, and I know i would've been miserable at Vandy since I'd be stressing out about loans the whole time and wouldn't be able to enjoy the experience. I also know that I ultimately hope to end up in Texas, so it makes the most sense (to me) to choose a school there :)  

(I'm not saying that student loans are bad, just that I'm super sensitive to that kind of stuff and tend to get wayyy stressed out about finances, so it would be a bad situation for me, personally.)

CONGRATS to everyone on their decisions!! And I'm thinking of our Boston friends today : (

(I'm not saying that student loans are bad, just that I'm super sensitive to that kind of stuff and tend to get wayyy stressed out about finances, so it would be a bad situation for me, personally.)

I ended up doing the same thing. Glad to know I'm not the only one that stresses out too much about that stuff! Good luck to you at Baylor!

I ended up doing the same thing. Glad to know I'm not the only one that stresses out too much about that stuff! Good luck to you at Baylor!

Thanks, and same to you at Utah! Great choice!!

Darn, we could've been over-stressed AZ Vandy buddies together ;) 

Thanks for thinking of all of us Bostonians today. I was nowhere near Copley Square but my sister is a nurse and volunteers each year in the medical tent at the finish line. She was not hurt but had a difficult day, to say the least. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the victims and their families.

Just got accepted to UNC-CH off the waitlist. WOW I am floored. I thought my decision was made already!!!!!! must talk to my mom! (mom if you're reading this, I'll call you after class haha)

Congrats!!!!!