2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

Okay. I'm gonna. I'm about to cry. Thanks.

Don't cry,  :(  itll work out! I'm waiting on 2 wait lists and haven't gotten in anywhere yet (second round ) so I know how you feel about getting anxious! Especially since one of my wait lists is 600miles away requiring me to move and find housing arrangements. :wacko:

Hold on to the hope!

Congrats on your decision, mystique!

matrixgrl, I'm pulling for you.

Thank you! I'm really excited!

and matrixgrl09: Don't worry! It looks like you're still waiting on 2 schools and waitlisted at 2 others so you might get in somewhere in the end  :)

So someone on the boards posted they got into tennessee state university by checking online... I am curious as to how they checked online. I never got a username or password. But i am sooooo curious.

Hello everybody!  I am transferring and am debating between sdsu, csun and csula and I dont know which one to pick. Does anybody know anything about these schools and their programs?

Edited by g0o0gle3y3s

kcald, I know things are stressful right now ( I can relate to some of what you are going through, moving to Omaha which is 8 hours away, having my boyfriend trying to find a job once we move, and waiting to see if I get the apartment I am wait listed for so I can move in July adds some stress in an overall exciting time. Actually I think all of us that are moving to grad school can relate with you). But I am confident that you will succeed in grad school, you have been such a trooper through this whole process and supportive of everybody through this whole stressful experience. I know you will make a great slp!

mystique, I see in your signature that you have chosen to go to Montclair, congratulations! I know that choosing between that and Steinhardt was a hard decision. 

As for everyone else that has not been accepted I will be hoping for good news to come to you all very soon!

Congrats Mystique!!!! 

Well....for anyone who's still waiting/hoping for USF, I did a complete 180 and declined today, so there should be another spot opening in their class. I've now decided to go to UNC-CH. WOW it was hard....hopefully I made the right decision haha. I wished I had known a few weeks sooner so I wouldn't feel so bad about accepting USF only to turn them down. Also I'm sad that I won't get to meet you guys who are going to USF :( Especially JMarti! lol 

Good luck to everyone...what a crazy and stressful process! 

Congrats Mystique!!!!

Well....for anyone who's still waiting/hoping for USF, I did a complete 180 and declined today, so there should be another spot opening in their class. I've now decided to go to UNC-CH. WOW it was hard....hopefully I made the right decision haha. I wished I had known a few weeks sooner so I wouldn't feel so bad about accepting USF only to turn them down. Also I'm sad that I won't get to meet you guys who are going to USF :( Especially JMarti! lol

Good luck to everyone...what a crazy and stressful process!

Good luck, I'm sure you will love UNC CH!

Though this is utterly moot for me since I was notified at the end of February and have since chosen to attend another school, I'm really surprised that UVA hasn't finished notifying people yet (I saw some recent comments on the results board). I don't understand programs without formal waitlists. It seems like a bad idea to leave applicants in the dark.

Though this is utterly moot for me since I was notified at the end of February and have since chosen to attend another school, I'm really surprised that UVA hasn't finished notifying people yet (I saw some recent comments on the results board). I don't understand programs without formal waitlists. It seems like a bad idea to leave applicants in the dark.

I find it to be really irritating. Even though I have already made a decision and hearing from UVA wouldn't change it, I don't think it's right. I put work into my app, AND I paid an application fee. It would just be nice to know where I even stand, and I'm sure many other people feel neglected at this point in the process.

Oh well, I'm sure there is a rhyme or reason to everything. Hopefully UVA finishes notifying so we can all move on. :)

I find it to be really irritating. Even though I have already made a decision and hearing from UVA wouldn't change it, I don't think it's right. I put work into my app, AND I paid an application fee. It would just be nice to know where I even stand, and I'm sure many other people feel neglected at this point in the process.

Oh well, I'm sure there is a rhyme or reason to everything. Hopefully UVA finishes notifying so we can all move on. :)

Yeah, I agree with everything you wrote. It seems kind of rude!

Also, I feel like it would be less of a headache for the schools to go ahead and tell people where they stand from the start: the programs would probably receive far fewer status inquiries as well as clearer communication from students who've decided to attend elsewhere, etc.

Hello everybody!  I am transferring and am debating between sdsu, csun and csula and I dont know which one to pick. Does anybody know anything about these schools and their programs?

Hi, I know nothing about the california programs. There is, however, a thread about the California schools in this forum (Speech Language Pathology). See if you can find more info there?

I am getting rejected out the wazoo! I'll hear back from UF by end of next week. UCF, i dont know???? oh, life.. :(

:( I hope that you hear positive news from your last school. Do you know where you are on the wait list for UF? I'm crossing every finger for you here :).

:( I hope that you hear positive news from your last school. Do you know where you are on the wait list for UF? I'm crossing every finger for you here :).

Ditto on this. Good luck!!!