2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

I got an email from the grad coordinator. It had a letter attached from the department. It was mail-merged with my name, address, etc.

My application status in MyCUBoulder still reads: "Your application is complete. The admissions committee is reviewing your file."

Thank you so much for checking! I had already resigned to a denial, but there was a tiny bit of hope this morning. It'll be nice to finally confirm and move on to other options. 

congrats again!

WOW... what... huh... Shocked, surprised, humbled, grateful... and so many more things. I just got accepted into UC Boulder... a huge reach. My brain is a puddle of mush right now. 

Yay!!! Congrats!

WOW... what... huh... Shocked, surprised, humbled, grateful... and so many more things. I just got accepted into UC Boulder... a huge reach. My brain is a puddle of mush right now. 

Congrats! That's how I felt when I got into ECU... When you Actually are faced with the chance to go to your top choice school, it is an amazing feeling!

AWESOME!!! Congratulations!! :) I wish you the very best!

I am dying to hear back from UT Austin.  I want to fly out there next week during my spring break, but I don't want to book the flight until I get in...and flights are gradually getting super expensive.  Bah!

I wish all schools had to get back to you by March 15th so that you have solid month to make a decision.  I'm getting really nervous about where to go, especially since I'm still waiting on two schools to get back to me. :unsure:

Edited by TalkItOut_9

OMG. i returned to my house near campus this morning after traveling for Spring Break, and had an official letter from Vanderbilt...A REJECTION LETTER!!!!! I almost had a heart attack (especially since i'd already gone through this with ASU).  

I contacted Penny and she confirmed that the rejection was indeed an error, and that I really am accepted, but still.... that was way too shocking for me to handle on a Monday morning! haha :P

OMG. i returned to my house near campus this morning after traveling for Spring Break, and had an official letter from Vanderbilt...A REJECTION LETTER!!!!! I almost had a heart attack (especially since i'd already gone through this with ASU).

I contacted Penny and she confirmed that the rejection was indeed an error, and that I really am accepted, but still.... that was way too shocking for me to handle on a Monday morning! haha :P

I would have thrown up everywhere. Thank goodness it was a mistake!

I am dying to hear back from UT Austin.  I want to fly out there next week during my spring break, but I don't want to book the flight until I get in...and flights are gradually getting super expensive.  Bah!   I wish all schools had to get back to you by March 15th so that you have solid month to make a decision.  I'm getting really nervous about where to go, especially since I'm still waiting on two schools to get back to me. :unsure:
You could book a flight on Southwest, and then if you for some reason don't get in (seems unlikely with your great stats and experience!), you can keep the credit and use it within a year. Southwest lets you cancel and keep the full credit with no penalty. Just a thought??

OMG. i returned to my house near campus this morning after traveling for Spring Break, and had an official letter from Vanderbilt...A REJECTION LETTER!!!!! I almost had a heart attack (especially since i'd already gone through this with ASU).     I contacted Penny and she confirmed that the rejection was indeed an error, and that I really am accepted, but still.... that was way too shocking for me to handle on a Monday morning! haha :P
Dude, what?!? I can't believe that has happened to you twice.... What is that?! I would go crazy!!!!

Wow, that is absolutely no fun! Things like this make me paranoid that it could go the other way. Receive an acceptance, and turns out it's a denial.

Congratulations!!! And congrats to anyone else that has received great news recently!

Dude, what?!? I can't believe that has happened to you twice.... What is that?! I would go crazy!!!!

ahaha i was mostly just amused-- probably because my brain is so sleep-deprived-- but it seems  super unprofessional.  It's not a huge deal, because i actually am accepted to Vandy, and I will likely turn down that offer regardless.  I am still kinda upset about ASU though (it was definitely an official rejection), and I'm going to try to ask my thesis director today because he knows EVERYTHING that happens in the department.

Just saw that someone posted about receiving an email from NYMC to look for your decision in the mail. Did anyone else receive this email, I did not and I interviewed on 2/20.
i also interviewed on 2/20 and I did not receive anything either. i'm confused! hopefully we will hear something in the next few days, all the best to you!! :)

Congratulations to everyone who got good news today! Who else is glad this is almost over??

me me me! It's a little embarrassing to acknowledge how much of a ride this whole process has been, and I wonder what it says about me that I could end up placing so much of my personal valuation of self-worth on the opinions of an admissions committee? But introspection may simply have to wait for a bit. 

me me me! It's a little embarrassing to acknowledge how much of a ride this whole process has been, and I wonder what it says about me that I could end up placing so much of my personal valuation of self-worth on the opinions of an admissions committee? But introspection may simply have to wait for a bit. 

I am PSYCHED for you!

i also interviewed on 2/20 and I did not receive anything either. i'm confused! hopefully we will hear something in the next few days, all the best to you!! :)

Thanks,you too! Glad I'm not the only one who didn't get the email, wonder if that's a good sign or bad....