2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

Hi BlarrneyStone! Thanks so much for your response. My last initial is "L", so maybe that is why. I didn't realize it was so competitive either! I knew it was an awesome program, but their stats aren't posted anywhere, so I wasn't aware that there are about 800 applicants and 30 or so positions! Wishing you all the best luck for the rest of your programs! 

everyone on earth is hearing from northeastern. why does the world hate meeeeeee?

I was waitlisted yesterday but I never received an email that my status was updated :/ WHEN are we going to hear from UF?! Are you going crazy too?

I was waitlisted yesterday but I never received an email that my status was updated :/ WHEN are we going to hear from UF?! Are you going crazy too?

i cried for like 43 hours yesterday in frustration and anticipation ::(::((:. u were waitlisted from the NE applyyourself website, right?

For those on a wait list, stay positive. I just received notice that I was accepted off the wait list for the University of Nebraska Omaha. I will be declining my other acceptance from the University of Nebraska Kearney. Someone one the wait list at UNK should get in. Good luck everyone.

Now to figure out how I am supposed to study for the rest of the day.

That's great news, travelnguy! For me, being waitlisted has been the most discouraging part of this whole process. Sometimes I wish I had just been rejected, so I could go ahead and make other plans. But if it works out for me like it did for you, then it will all be worth it. Congrats, again!

Hi BlarrneyStone! Thanks so much for your response. My last initial is "L", so maybe that is why. I didn't realize it was so competitive either! I knew it was an awesome program, but their stats aren't posted anywhere, so I wasn't aware that there are about 800 applicants and 30 or so positions! Wishing you all the best luck for the rest of your programs! 

out of curiosity, where did you get the number 800 from?

Well.... Texas schools... WHY ARE YOU TAKING FOREVER?! -___-

I know meangreen it's ridiculous, I applied to all Texas schools and I've only heard back from 1 so far!

Hello all! I have been lurking these boards for a while and I finally thought I would post. Congrats to all who have been accepted somewhere! I actually have a question. I have been accepted to West Virginia University, and I saw that its curriculum is composed of 64 credits including 18 courses, but other other schools I applied to only are about 48 credits with not nearly as many courses. This seems strange to me, and I was wondering if anyone knows why there would be such as difference in credits for programs that are all ASHA approved.

Hello all! I have been lurking these boards for a while and I finally thought I would post. Congrats to all who have been accepted somewhere! I actually have a question. I have been accepted to West Virginia University, and I saw that its curriculum is composed of 64 credits including 18 courses, but other other schools I applied to only are about 48 credits with not nearly as many courses. This seems strange to me, and I was wondering if anyone knows why there would be such as difference in credits for programs that are all ASHA approved.

I depends in the licensure requirements for your state. NC requires 60 credits. I don't know about others, but check n your department of public instruction website for what is required to get a license to practice in your state.

out of curiosity, where did you get the number 800 from?

Actually looks like I exaggerated. I had read this post earlier on the CU Boulder thread. Made me realize how small and competitive the program really is!! 

I went to CU Boulder's openhouse in September. Dr. Ramsberger stated that they had 514 applications last year, and they accepted 30 people into the program. 

Now, an interesting little tidbit that most people probably don't know is that CU-Boulder offers a three-year program for students who have no prerequisites. They spend the first year taking undergrad classes, and their second year they begin graduate classes along with the other people accepted into the master's program. Here's the bad news, CU accepted 12 three-year students last year, leaving only 22 possible seats for people applying to the Master's program for Fall 2013 (there's a slight discretion in the numbers because they said they sometimes have a class of up to 34 students). They did not give any information on how many people decline, are waitlisted, etc.

They said the average GPA of applications they receive is a 3.6 They gave the average GRE percentile scores of the students acceptedinto their program.

Quantitative: 63.4 percentile

Verbal: 81.25 percentile

Writing: 67.9 percentile

The take-home message of the session seem to be: "Don't count on getting in here. No one is a shoe-in."

Sorry to be a downer, guys, but you asked for the hard facts. That said, best of luck to you.

Accepted to University of Florida! DREAMS COME TRUE

Congrats girl!!! I got rejected, not too sad about it because I wasn't going to go there anyway  ;) Are you still going to FSU Preview Day?

For those on a wait list, stay positive. I just received notice that I was accepted off the wait list for the University of Nebraska Omaha. I will be declining my other acceptance from the University of Nebraska Kearney. Someone one the wait list at UNK should get in. Good luck everyone.

Now to figure out how I am supposed to study for the rest of the day.

I'm so happy for you and your family! I think Omaha will be a better all-around experience for all of you.

im #9 on the waiting list at UF. tell me i have a chance. this is my dream school and im crying. i got rejected like everywhere else.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, I really hope you get in! #9 is not bad at all!!!

im #9 on the waiting list at UF. tell me i have a chance. this is my dream school and im crying. i got rejected like everywhere else.

I would say #9 is a small enough number that you have an excellent chance.

I would say #9 is a small enough number that you have an excellent chance.

thank you. i hope things look up for us! :)

if anyone knows the stats for people getting accepted off the waitlist for UF or anything, lemme know please. i stalked the results boards and im useless omg. theres like 30 ppl in the program?? idek eeeeeeeeeeeh