University of Maryland, College Park CS?

sd24

Has anyone got an offer of admission for PhD at UMD College Park for fall 2013? I received an admit last week along with financial support. Are you thinking of accepting the offer?

That's surprising! I have applied for the PhD program in Computer Science. I called them up yesterday and they said that admits are still being rolled out. Applicants would hear back by the next week.

I just saw a rejection for the Masters program posted on the Result Survey just now... So is Maryland releasing decisions today!?!? 

I can't find any changes in the application status on the ASF. 

I see some rejects for Maryland now...(via website). So I logged into my application, where it specifically states that decision wont be told over the phone or email, but by mail.  am a little confused, how did these people get decision via website?!

Yeah I don't see my decision on the website. I also haven't gotten a letter via e-mail or postal mail from the department yet. Perhaps they're releasing decisions in waves? I thought that a poster on this forum said that they should be releasing decisions this week (meaning the week that just passed by). OTOH when I called the office, they told me that they had finished reviewing applications. 

At this point, I'm assuming that they rejected me. 

Edited by ab2013

leofanxiong, May I know what is your area of interest and when did you apply? Thanks.

My area is information security and theoretical computer science and I applied just before the deadline.

I see some rejects for Maryland now...(via website). So I logged into my application, where it specifically states that decision wont be told over the phone or email, but by mail.  am a little confused, how did these people get decision via website?!

They told me that they do most things by email...

Hello, 

I am still waiting to hear from UMD, I have not yet received an email... 

Does that mean rejection after all? I am really confused, as it is close to mid-March, decisions should have been made by now...

• 1 month later...