Valentine's Day Massacre

Oh, I was just guessing Rutgers. I haven't seen anyone talk about news from there yet, so I think you're still okay. :)

Lots of Rutgers on the board, but no English department acceptees or rejects.

I can't stand the Rutgers wait for much longer. I'm going crazy.

I hear you! At any rate. It looks like you've already been accepted at some impressive programs, so congratulations on that!

Oh my God, maybe we're ALL rejected and don't know it. Maybe acceptances have already gone out and no one on Grad Cafe got one!

... or they're just taking their time, whatever. Actually, I think Michigan may have had hiring to do in the English department this cycle and, according to one of my profs, this of course takes precedence to grad school decisions. At any rate, I'm sure decisions will be going out soon. I hope.

I think they're also having pretty severe technical difficulties this year. I know the Political Science department had to send out decisions manually because of Wolv Access not working and it took them quite a bit longer than anticipated. I also know that umich email was just not working on Friday (which was fantastic because I couldn't even find out that I hadn't heard back until quite late) so things have been kind of rough in Ann Arbor.

We placing any bets on this next week? I guess that this week would be cray, so I'm sticking to that...

Methinks Rutgers, Michigan, Columbia, UPenn, and Cornell (?) maybe Harvard (?)

Has Stanford sent out interview invitations yet and we've just all missed the boat? 

Yale?

I actually already heard of someone who's gotten an offer from Yale, so I've more or less assumed since then that they've already started notifying (as least positively). And does NYU count since they were notifying last week (or was it the week before)? 

Go on, schools, just take AAAALL the time you want. We will just, y'know, sit around here and wait. We don't need to know where we're going to live in the fall or whether to look for a full-time job for the next year and root out the job market. Or tell mummy, we're gonna move in with her for the next 12-18 months...

(For Sheldon, this was sarcasm)

I think they're also having pretty severe technical difficulties this year. I know the Political Science department had to send out decisions manually because of Wolv Access not working and it took them quite a bit longer than anticipated. I also know that umich email was just not working on Friday (which was fantastic because I couldn't even find out that I hadn't heard back until quite late) so things have been kind of rough in Ann Arbor.

Huh. Do you think it's the switch to Google? Last semester, nearly all of my profs were having a hellish time with their umich email.

Regardless, I'm sure Michigan will be sometime next week (right? RIGHT???)

Huh. Do you think it's the switch to Google? Last semester, nearly all of my profs were having a hellish time with their umich email.

Regardless, I'm sure Michigan will be sometime next week (right? RIGHT???)

Huh! UChicago recently switched all of the professors over to a totally new email system, and from what I hear (from my boss and her colleagues) it's been a shitstorm. It must be a coincidence that Michigan is doing something similar at the same time. Now that you mention it, though, I wouldn't be surprised if that affected the speed of their admissions decisions!

Maryland... please. This week. It's my top choice... and I don't think I can handle the wait any longer.

I second that!

By the way, did you ever hear anything from Colorado last week? It looks like some rejections went out Thursday and a bunch of acceptance calls went out Friday. I, however, have not heard anything and my online application still shows that it's in review. From last year, though, it looks like they sent out multiple batches of notifications roughly a week apart, so maybe we'll have another round coming out at the end of this week?

So this is the thing with Colorado: I don't think I applied for direct-admit PhD, as I was under the impression that they didn't have one. I'm almost certain that I only applied for MA-- but it seems as though they DO in fact have direct-admit. So, I'm gonna chalk this one up to their absolutely awful website (and the fact that it wasn't super high on my list, so I did less research). But it looks as though they haven't sent anything out regarding those who applied solely to MA, so I might not be out of the running quite yet. Although it makes me wonder... if they have direct-admit, and I am only offered MA admission... am I going to want to attend? Who knows, time will tell.