What to wear to visiting weekend post-acceptance?

nisf

I'm visiting a couple schools I've been accepted to for the first time (interviews were done over the phone or by email). I know that for interviews, you should generally wear business or business casual, but what's the deal with dressing for visiting weekend once you've been accepted? Is it casual? Is it still business casual?

Where whatever you want (within reason)! On my visits as an admitted student, I wore jeans and a nice-ish shirt, plus appropriate wear for the season (so coat, scarf, gloves, hat for places with snow/cold weather). No one ever commented negatively on it and it doesn't affect your admissions either way, just what your potentially future peers think of you.

Oh I'm so happy to see this! I will be visiting a school I've already been admitted to as well and had this exact same question. I figured I'd be fine going with casual but presentable, so that's what I'll do. :)