Colorado Boulder Applicants

Is the consensus that we'll be waiting until at least Monday?

I would think so. If they already sent at least some of the wait list, I would imagine that they have made decisions but need people to put the info in the system. I don't see anything in my CU application portal, but I'm expecting a rejection so I'm a little less nervous. 

Question for y'all:

What do you know about the summer intensive session at the beginning of the CU Boulder SLP program? It must be quite short since it starts early August, and it looks like it's only 4 credit hours total (applied speech science + clinical theory and practice).

What I really want to know right now is how it's billed. Is the tuition like the other summer session? Per credit hour? Do we have to pay for an extra "semester" of health insurance and the SLHS program fee for the intensive summer session?

If admitted, I can always ask the department about this, but I thought I'd ask here first in case you folks know something about it! I'm trying to get all the small details of my comparative tuition costs spreadsheet as fully completed as possible so that it will be easier to make a decision as soon as I hear back from everywhere.

The way I read it, it seems like the summer intensive session is only for students with a background in SLHS.  On their website, they say out of field students: "...typically begin their coursework in the fall semester (late August)."

Just got an acceptance letter from the graduate coordinator! It was attached to an email.

Has anyone received any info about funding with their acceptance?

Best wishes to all of you!

Congratulations to those accepted! Did you apply to the 3 year or 2 year program? Any idea if you'll be accepting? I'm trying not to get my hopes up about being accepted from the waitlist, but I know that many of you have offers from other really great programs, too. 

Congratulations to those accepted! Did you apply to the 3 year or 2 year program? Any idea if you'll be accepting? I'm trying not to get my hopes up about being accepted from the waitlist, but I know that many of you have offers from other really great programs, too. 

I am in the 2-year program, as I will finish up my prereqs this summer.

I'm not sure yet where I'm going. I am waiting for more financial aid info. People apply to so many places that I am sure the waitlist moves. Hang in there!

CONGRATS!!!

Cahurt, are you still waiting on your email? I have been so calm through this whole process, but this is my dream school, and now I've become the one who's starting at the number next to my "Inbox" waiting for it to say "1."  Congratulations to all of you that have been accepted so far!!!

Hi, 

I am in the two year program as well, finishing pre-reqs now. I do plan on accepting this offer. Good luck, it may help that because the program is as selective as it is (though they took me... so there may be debates on that latter statement) that accepted people will have a lot of choices and more will decline the offer. 

I think Cahurt just posted an acceptance on the board.  At least, the stats match up!

I saw that right after I posted.  Aw well.  Congratulations cahurt!  My last shreds of hope are waning, but I still have other great offers.  Just hard when you've been picturing yourself at that program for the past two years.

Has anyone heard anything about when we could expect to hear if any funding is available?

I don't know much about what they offer in terms of funding. This page looks like it should have a link under "Information for Graduate Students," but it's not live.  http://slhs.colorado.edu/graduate-progams

Has anyone heard anything about when we could expect to hear if any funding is available?

I don't know much about what they offer in terms of funding. This page looks like it should have a link under "Information for Graduate Students," but it's not live.  http://slhs.colorado.edu/graduate-progams

I don't know either. I did respond to the email with that question. I'll let you know if I hear anything. I would imagine they are pretty busy around there right now. 

I don't know either. I did respond to the email with that question. I'll let you know if I hear anything. I would imagine they are pretty busy around there right now. 

Great, thank you! I'm sure they are slammed.  :-)