What Are You Stress-Eating?

blueberryscone

katieliz- you're gonna be there this weekend?! okay, in that case, definitely check out baraka cafe in central square, and dali near porter square. the former is moroccan/berber food; the latter is tapas. i'm drooling just thinking about them. also, le's in harvard square is pretty good, and bergamot in somerville is awesome, but it's a bit hard to get to without a car. boston has surprisingly awesome food options! 

Oh gosh, I'm gonna gain, like, five pounds this weekend! I'm going for an  interview on Saturday, but will be in town from Friday morn til Sunday late afternoon. Thanks for all the suggestions-- I appreciate it! :D

I can't be trusted around peanut butter!  I've never actually eaten the entire jar in one sitting, but not eating, say, a half-cup of the stuff takes some doing.

I'm like this with nutella :wub:

Haha oh goodness, if I end up going somewhere besides AZ/TX, I will be consuming a ridiculous amount of Mexican food before I leave.... not good for my wallet or my diet :P

I'm right there with you. I've been hitting up all of my favorite Mexican/Tex-Mex places lately, since I know I won't be here after July!

Cheese and crackers, potato chips, french fries, and mountain dew. I devoured these snack during application season while I was studying for the GRE and completing my apps, and the mountain dew was to stay alert. I think that after all my apps were in, I gained about 10 pounds. With the waiting, I'm snacking again. Once I make a decision, I will probably eat them in celebration. Peanut butter ice cream is my new food addiction. I find that if I'm constantly shoving food in my mouth, my hands are not clicking the refresh button all the time.

I chose this unfortunate period of my life to go on a diet, start exercising, and stop smoking. 

It is going, predictably, really poorly.

I have forgotten what it's like to sleep properly. 

That said, when I find myself with spare calories at the end of the day, I find it impossible to stop eating ginger snaps. 

Edited by Archae-lol-ogist

Ginger snaps? Is it the sugar plus spice plus stress releasing crunch that does it for you? I should try that.  So far I've been hitting the doritos but I think I've made the switch to chocolate now. Cadbury's is my new fav :)

That said, when I find myself with spare calories at the end of the day, I find it impossible to stop eating ginger snaps. 

Not stress-eating, but stress-drinking: coffee! I generally drink a lot of it, but currently this is getting out of hand.

Same here! I've never drunk this much tea. 6 months ago i absolutely loved tea but now i hate it and still drink it... perhaps by the end of application season i'll develop some tea-condition.

fun fact: I believe that Kinder surprise Easter Eggs are illegal in the USA. 

Kinder easter eggs! They're like Ferrero Rocher without the gross hazlenuts.

hand breaded chicken fingers that I feel moderately guilty about.

now eating unsweetened applesauce to avoid eating all the cookies and other delicious treats in the file cabinet behind me

Yes, because of the small parts.

The ones I was wolfing down yesterday weren't the ones with the toys, though. I was eating the Kinder Bueno ones. They're a wafery egg with a chocolate coating and some kind of nutella-like substance inside.

fun fact: I believe that Kinder surprise Easter Eggs are illegal in the USA. 

in an attempt to not eat as much I'm pretty sure I'm responsible for the office's water cooler bill going up exponentially....drinking absolutely ridiculous amounts of it....

My husband is unemployed at the moment, so we are both stressed.  We went out for pizza last night, which is particularly special because I have to be gluten free.  That + draft Angry Orchard cider = happy.  Can't do that every night, though ;)