Rejected Offers Information for Wait-Listers 2013 Entry

phdhope2013

I will most likely decline BU offer, if GWU ends up offering me full funding (or, if miraculously, I get into Northwestern or U Chicago)...

Those of you with GWU full funding offer who are likely to decline, PLEASE (for the sake of all of us waiting) inform us as promptly as possible... :)

Better yet, LET GWU KNOW ABOUT YOUR DECISION!!!

They can't release any funding to alternates until you decline!

Edited by news2yous

I still haven't received a response from UC Santa Cruz, and I'm not sure if I'm on the waitlist or not, so are any of you planning to reject UC Santa Cruz's offer? 

Thanks so much.

Edited by summerecho

I don't know if McGill or UC Santa Barbara have theory folks on wait-lists, but I declined their respective offers over the past couple of days.  Hope this helps other deserving candidates.

I just formally declined my funded offer (theory) at Penn, for those of you who were accepted without funding!

Best of luck to everyone!

Thanks for letting us know! You, sir (or madam), are a gentleman (or gentlewoman) and a scholar! Hopefully, I am near the top of the waitlist or will hear soon either way...  Crossing my fingers!

All best to you :)

Anyone likely to reject a Michigan offer? IR?

All Michigan admits received a pretty persuasive email from the DGS, asking us to decline their offer as soon as we can IF they are not among our top choices. While I'll most probably not be rejecting the offer, someone might!

Hope this (tiny bit of) info helps!

Edit: letter sent on Mar 1

Edited by NBM

Thanks for letting us know! You, sir (or madam), are a gentleman (or gentlewoman) and a scholar! Hopefully, I am near the top of the waitlist or will hear soon either way...  Crossing my fingers!

All best to you :)

Aww, thank you! Best of luck--it sounds like a great program that offers a lot of individualized attention, so I'll cross my fingers for you as well!

I believe we're in the same boat...

Seems like we are! Do you have any feel for how likely it is to get in off the waitlist there? Or how long the waitlist is? I am really hoping to get in. hopefully it's a short list, since there's only been two posts on the board. But seems as though people haven't been posting everything lately as seasons are wrapping up... Not sure what to think, but hopeful nonetheless!! Good luck to you as well!

Also, anyone know if/when Maryland has a visitation weekend?

Maryland has no official visit weekend - the department will work with you to schedule it whenever works for both sides. I guess that probably means you will hear people turning down offers slowly and one at a time as opposed to a bunch the way you might hear after a group visit weekend. Just speculating though.

Maryland has no official visit weekend - the department will work with you to schedule it whenever works for both sides. I guess that probably means you will hear people turning down offers slowly and one at a time as opposed to a bunch the way you might hear after a group visit weekend. Just speculating though.

thanks! yes, that's what I was thinking -- if there was an official visit weekend, prospectives may wait until after the visit and then make their final decision about the program within a few days.  without an official visit, decisions may trickle out.... Anyway, I'm happy to be on the waitlist.. there's still a chance!

thanks! yes, that's what I was thinking -- if there was an official visit weekend, prospectives may wait until after the visit and then make their final decision about the program within a few days.  without an official visit, decisions may trickle out.... Anyway, I'm happy to be on the waitlist.. there's still a chance!

Well, congats on the acceptance!! Happy for you that you didn't have to wait until April 14th to hear the good news :)