Canadian SLP applications thread!

Inny

Congrats to everyone who got in!

I applied to UofT, Western & McGill. I am SOOO nervous.

Does anyone know if ALL your pre-req courses have to be a B+ or above. I'm slightly concerned about one pre-req that is just under a B+, other than that my sGPA, references and volunteer experience is good. Its making so anxious because it's just one course but I don't know :(

Also, does McGill look at your cumulative GPA or sub GPA?

I'm pretty sure McGill looks at your cumulative gpa (this is actually true for all professional and graduate programs at McGill).

I'm pretty sure McGill looks at your cumulative gpa (this is actually true for all professional and graduate programs at McGill).

I agree with this. 

ETA: I wouldn't worry too much about ONE pre-req that is slightly below a B+ :) 

Edited by Inny

I also signed on to my application summary for Dalhousie and it says the same thing!!! Congrats!

Hi all! I got my Dal letter yesterday too, but my online application hasn't changed to that message. I hope it will soon!

Congrats to all :) 

Hi all! I got my Dal letter yesterday too, but my online application hasn't changed to that message. I hope it will soon!

Congrats to all :)

Like I said earlier, I got my letter yesterday. What I didn't mention was that the online application still said written notification to follow. It only changed late today so I wouldn't worry about it too much! 

Also, for those still waiting to get a letter from Dal, I spoke with the Graduate Faculty today and according to them Dal sends out offers in several rounds, so don't think no letter now means anything bad.

Like I said earlier, I got my letter yesterday. What I didn't mention was that the online application still said written notification to follow. It only changed late today so I wouldn't worry about it too much! 

Also, for those still waiting to get a letter from Dal, I spoke with the Graduate Faculty today and according to them Dal sends out offers in several rounds, so don't think no letter now means anything bad.

Thanks for the clarification, mine just changed too.

Looking forward to meeting you Dal-folk in person, and best of luck to everyone still waiting for news!

MarGirl, when you spoke to the graduate faculty at Dalhousie did they say when the official acceptances will be sent out?

The person I spoke with was able to check my file and said that the "print date" for my official letter was yesterday. I'm guessing they probably print and send everyones on the same day or very close together. If that's true then they should be in the mail now! Did you get the email from the Grad Faculty yesterday as well?

Any news from U of A? I thought they would have sent out some early offers by now...

I read on the premed101 boards that there was an upsurge of OT applicants (450 to 600) to UofA this year and it was delaying admission results. 

I hope the same is not the case for SLP!  I'm really anxious to hear from U of A too.  From the gradcafe results, it looks like the first admitted applicants had to wait until Mar 28/29 to hear back from U of A last year.

I read on the premed101 boards that there was an upsurge of OT applicants (450 to 600) to UofA this year and it was delaying admission results. 

I hope the same is not the case for SLP!  I'm really anxious to hear from U of A too.  From the gradcafe results, it looks like the first admitted applicants had to wait until Mar 28/29 to hear back from U of A last year.

I wish more people had posted on the results pages... I solemnly promise I will.

Just hang in there and keep your fingers crossed, mine are spasming at this point.

The person I spoke with was able to check my file and said that the "print date" for my official letter was yesterday. I'm guessing they probably print and send everyones on the same day or very close together. If that's true then they should be in the mail now! Did you get the email from the Grad Faculty yesterday as well?

Ok that's good.. I wasn't thinking they'd be that soon! No email for me though!

That sucks! You know, even if there wasn't an increase in SLP applicants (and I would bet there was... at every school...), just the fact that the Faculty of Rehabilitation (is that what it's called at U of A?) had to process that many applications for OT could slow them down in processing the SLP applications too. 

Everyone who is applying to U of A, I just had a random thought... they said we should hear BY April 1 and Friday the University is closed (and I don't think we would hear on a weekend), so hopefully that means we should hear by Thursday! 

Everyone who is applying to U of A, I just had a random thought... they said we should hear BY April 1 and Friday the University is closed (and I don't think we would hear on a weekend), so hopefully that means we should hear by Thursday! 

Ok, a few more days then... sigh!

Alternatively, no one on the forum has made the first round of offers - which would be a bit much even as worst-case scenarios go - so, I'm still hoping no offers have been sent out yet, that is, there's still hope of avoiding the waiting list.

Weekends are hardest for me - I work during the week - so I don't have that much time to obsess, whereas the weekend gives me the opportunity to do just about nothing but!

Mine says "refused". Quelle surprise! /sarcasm. Having one acceptance already thankfully makes it hard to care. I definitely think it was my cGPA that did me in. 

Mine says "refused". Quelle surprise! /sarcasm. Having one acceptance already thankfully makes it hard to care. I definitely think it was my cGPA that did me in. 

Inny, I also got a "refused" as well.

I want my money back  :angry:

Me too!

Imagine how much money schools get from applications alone.... 

ETA: Congrats junowhat! 

Edited by Inny

Me too!

Imagine how much money schools get from applications alone.... 

ETA: Congrats junowhat! 

Thank you!!!! It's looking pretty certain that I'll be immigrating back to Canada at this point. Scary prospect!!!