Canadian SLP applications thread!

Inny

Do you guys actually think Western decision will be out tonight at midnight given that it is a holiday?

I think western is pré programmed to be released at à certain time, so i think we Will! Fingers crossed!

Do you guys actually think Western decision will be out tonight at midnight given that it is a holiday?

Western and U of T are open on Easter Monday. You'll hear from Western tomorrow as stated in their e-mail; U of T may only just send out acceptances.

McGill vs Toronto - If finances are an issue, living in Montreal is VERY cheap.

Wish I had your confidence haha.

I know Montreal can be less expensive than Toronto, but I hate looking for a place for live. It's always nerve-racking. That being said, maybe new digs are called for.

Haha, the confidence only comes from the fact that U of T accepts 50 students now and I've already been accepted to McGill, which has 28 students in their first year right now. Anyway, I can't wait till tomorrow.

I've heard the same as above... That we will find out at midnight! I'm planning on waiting up tonight haha. Good luck everyone :)

Congratulations on acceptance to Dal! :)

How did you hear of your acceptance? Via mail, e-mail???

It was kind of an odd process. Dalhousie sent a letter via mail asking me to reply whether I would accept or decline IF my admission gets approved. So, I emailed them replying that I would accept the offer if I get an admission offer. Few days later, I got an official acceptance letter/package in the mail. Hope that helped!

Edited by cyyk

Sorry to hear about McGill, but good luck hearing back from the other schools. I was just in Montreal last week checking out McGill. I'm fairly confident I'll get in to Toronto and maybe Western, so I've been debating which school to go to. I currently live in Toronto and I don't know if I should move or not!

Hey, Centcan, quick question - what does your status say on Minerva? Did you ever see it transition from "recommended by department" to "accepted" or something similar?

I had to email the chair of admissions showing that I'll take that one last prereq class (I did that over a week ago) and my status still says "recommended by department" and I've gotten no official letter of anything. Starting to get nervous since I know deadlines are coming up and I just want to make my decision!

Hey, Centcan, quick question - what does your status say on Minerva? Did you ever see it transition from "recommended by department" to "accepted" or something similar?

I had to email the chair of admissions showing that I'll take that one last prereq class (I did that over a week ago) and my status still says "recommended by department" and I've gotten no official letter of anything. Starting to get nervous since I know deadlines are coming up and I just want to make my decision!

Hi junowhat,

Mine changed two Fridays ago and it looks like this:

Application Status

Decision: Admitted Pending Final Results. View/download decision letter (PDF)

Action Required

Accept:

Accept this offer and pay the deposit (if applicable)

Decline:

Decline this offer

The letter and the accept/decline options are links.

The "Pending Final Results" is referring to the fact that McGill only has an unofficial copy of my university transcript and is waiting for an official one.

Edited by Centcan

Hi junowhat,

Mine changed two Fridays ago and it looks like this:

Application Status

Decision: Admitted Pending Final Results. View/download decision letter (PDF)

Action Required

Accept:

Accept this offer and pay the deposit (if applicable)

Decline:

Decline this offer

The letter and the accept/decline options are links.

The "Pending Final Results" is referring to the fact that McGill only has an unofficial copy of my university transcript and is waiting for an official one.

Thanks for copying & sharing!

Well hopefully mine will look like this within the next couple of days! I feel like if I've been approved by the department, the grad school probably just has to do routine background check type things before officially accepting, right? That's what I'm hoping. I have my heart pretty much set on McGill and I will be somewhat devastated if for some reason it doesn't go through.........

Congrats Centcan, SLPHopeful88, and egad00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!! I still can't believe it ..I keep refreshing the page to make sure it's not a mistake haha 

Edited by SLP Hopeful88

Hey everyone! Just joining now... I decided to finally create an account. I was wait listed at Western and rejected at McGill... feel a little bit let down. Hoping for U of T!! Hopefully they send out emails tonight too!

I kind of wish they would give us some numbers for how many are on the wait list. The letter said there was 405 applicants to Western this year! Yikes!

Edited by speechapp

Congrats to those who got in!!

For those who don't mind, could you share your stats for future applicants to get an idea of what they're looking for?

Hey everyone! Just joining now... I decided to finally create an account. I was wait listed at Western and rejected at McGill... feel a little bit let down. Hoping for U of T!! Hopefully they send out emails tonight too!   I kind of wish they would give us some numbers for how many are on the wait list. The letter said there was 405 applicants to Western this year! Yikes!
I got wait listed too at Western. Don't feel let down, out of 405 applicants being wait listed is something to be proud of too! It is annoying that the waiting is extended longer though. And I heard they put 50 on the wait list...not sure if it's true though, only heard it from one person. By the way congratulations to everyone who got in!

Congrats Centcan, SLPHopeful88, and egad00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations guys!!! :)

I didn't get in, but not so surprised lol with my academic record I knew Canada would be hard.  But I guess we shall see about UT and UofA.

Also where do we check for UT tomorrow?

My guess is it might be an email. 

It would have been nice if everything was on the ORPAS site. I almost had a heart attack hunting for my Western log-in info for like 15 minutes.