Did anyone apply to Ohio State (Columbus) for Stats?

CHOCTICK

What's up guys. I applied to OSU's masters program in statistics late January. Did anyone else? If so, share stats.

3.2ish gpa in BA (Mathematics)

730 Quant/530 Verbal/3.5

Iraq veteran; former highschool math teacher, mailman, data analyst for state government.

Did anyone else not include the official reference letter form with their application? I had it for 1 letter and it was missing for the other two. The lady I spoke with in the stat office said they can accept them at their discretion. At the online application site it says "No reference form" next to my recommenders' name. I did not get the form because I already had the letters on hand and it had been a while since I contacted the professors. I hope they(OSU stat dept) do not think less of me.

I was just there last weekend for the Graduate Information Day and there were both PhD and Master's students there. I would say that you are probably waitlisted if you haven't heard by now.

Hi Choctick,

I sent my rec letters via postal mail. Two were received, one was lost. Lisa contacted me asking for it - I asked my rec letter provider to re-send the letter via email and re-mail the form via postal mail. I also asked another person to do the same thing just in case. The next day my app showed "Letter received, waiting for form in postal mail" - somewhere along those lines.

And my guess would be the same as others, that you are waitlisted.

Mine still says "In Review". My application did not go complete until late January 2013. I assume most of those people invited to the orientation week had their applications completed by Nov or early Dec.