SLP 2013 CALIFORNIA Admissions!!

Greetings!!!

I have been on here a bit and have seen a lot of updates and posts from other states, so I decided to start a California thread! So whether you have applied, interviewed, or been accepted/rejected by California schools, let's talk about it! I myself have applied to only California schools (6 actually), and have started the whole process (being accepted at one school and have another interview with another). This is an exciting time in our lives, so let's represent in the California thread! Haha ;) Take care and good luck to everyone!!

I applied to SDSU, SFSU, and CSULB... I'm out-of-state (although I was born & raised in CA) so I don't really know what my chances are, but its worth a shot ;) Good luck to you as well!

I halfway applied to SFSU but then when they told me I HAD to take the Basic Skills test, I was no longer interested.  I am not taking ANOTHER standardized test........ Isn't the GRE enough?!?!

My husband applied to CSUEB and SDSU. He intended to apply to SJSU too, but either mistook some deadlines on their website or the deadlines were changed around... Alas, we're San Jose natives, so I was halfway looking forward to going back "home." ^_^  

We're hoping to hear back from SDSU next week; the confirmation email from the department secretary at CSUEB said decisions for applicants with their pre-reqs done won't be going out until early April, so there's still quite the wait there.  :(

The CBEST wasn't bad - he was able to take it here and WA, and said that it was slightly easier than the GRE. Another $100-something bucks down the toilet, though. 

I halfway applied to SFSU but then when they told me I HAD to take the Basic Skills test, I was no longer interested.  I am not taking ANOTHER standardized test........ Isn't the GRE enough?!?!

I received an e-mail that I was missing the Basic Skills Test, but no where on the website does it say that it is mandatory. I told the person who e-mailed me that I will take the exam if I am admitted because I can't afford to spend that kind of money on something I don't need. I want to do medical SLP, so the basic skills test serves no purpose for me at all :/

I received an e-mail that I was missing the Basic Skills Test, but no where on the website does it say that it is mandatory. I told the person who e-mailed me that I will take the exam if I am admitted because I can't afford to spend that kind of money on something I don't need. I want to do medical SLP, so the basic skills test serves no purpose for me at all :/

I kind of said the same thing.  So I am not banking on getting in, but I wasn't going to pay to take a test that I don't need.  I don't want to work in the schools either.

I've applied to 6 schools- and expect to hear back in march at the earliest. I've gotten an interview with CSULA for this month and I have been informed that their admissions decisions will be handed out at the end of march! EEK!

I've applied to 6 schools- and expect to hear back in march at the earliest. I've gotten an interview with CSULA for this month and I have been informed that their admissions decisions will be handed out at the end of march! EEK!

Don't frown at your scores, those were good enough to get you an interview at CSULA, which I hear is not an easy thing to do. My GRE scores are almost exactly the same as yours, and my first undergrad GPA is below a 3.0! I'm in my last semester of a 2nd bachelors in CSD though, and I have a 4.0 in those classes so hopefully that will save my butt. I don't speak another language either, so you have a lot going for you!!! Good luck and stay positive :)

I noticed that last year some of the cal states had interviews.  Does anyone know if they are doing interviews this year?  I've barely heard a peep, but SFSU just cashed my application fee check on Friday...3 months after I sent it!  

I noticed that last year some of the cal states had interviews.  Does anyone know if they are doing interviews this year?  I've barely heard a peep, but SFSU just cashed my application fee check on Friday...3 months after I sent it!  

San Marcos, Long Beach and Los Angeles are doing/did interviews. Long Beach is done already, and has already sent out admission/rejection letters.

San Marcos, Long Beach and Los Angeles are doing/did interviews. Long Beach is done already, and has already sent out admission/rejection letters.

Thanks for the info.  Weird, I have not heard anything from Long Beach and my status check still says my application is under review.  

Thanks for the info.  Weird, I have not heard anything from Long Beach and my status check still says my application is under review.  

Same here, but I'm out of state so my letter may take longer to get here. I did not have an interview so I'm guessing it's not an acceptance lol

I haven't heard from any programs yet, aside from last week's University of Houston phone interview and this upcoming weekend's CSULA interview. I've heard the same about CSULB; they've already accepted and rejected people (as early as mid-Feb). I still haven't gotten my rejection letter/email from them, so I'm still holding a glimmer of hope but I've more or less moved on.

East coast and mid-west schools are getting all the love.. Time for the CA schools to let us know!!

I haven't heard from any programs yet, aside from last week's University of Houston phone interview and this upcoming weekend's CSULA interview. I've heard the same about CSULB; they've already accepted and rejected people (as early as mid-Feb). I still haven't gotten my rejection letter/email from them, so I'm still holding a glimmer of hope but I've more or less moved on.

East coast and mid-west schools are getting all the love.. Time for the CA schools to let us know!!

seriously!  I'm ready for some answers.  Speaking of, I e-mailed CSULB...I'll update if I ever hear back from them.

I applied to Cal State LA, Cal State San Marcos, Cal State Fullerton, San Diego State University and Cal State Northridge.  

I was rejected by Cal State LA 

I saw my rejection to CSULB on the website today, still no letter though!

same!  or response to my e-mail...

looking back, I'm feeling like it wasn't a good idea to apply to a school that didn't want letters of recommendation and only asked for a paragraph long SOP...

I applied to SFSU and have heard nothing yet!

Has anyone visited that program? I drove around the campus one Sunday when I was in the area (before I was even sure I was applying), but I did not get a chance to visit the department or meet any of the professors. If anyone has more details, I'd love to hear them.

same!  or response to my e-mail...

looking back, I'm feeling like it wasn't a good idea to apply to a school that didn't want letters of recommendation and only asked for a paragraph long SOP...

I saw my rejection to CSULB on the website today, still no letter though!

I saw mine today too. Oh well, better this than being left wondering if they even looked at the dang thing! Chins up and on to the next one...

Can I just gripe about SDSU making decisions in mid-March but waiting until early April to email them out? It's  not as if they need time to stamp all the envelopes or anything ... grumble grumble ...

They're mailing decisions? I thought they were going to email us...SDSU is really taking their time. I'm pretty sure it's because we had to mail in our application and it probably took them 2 months just to organize everything.

They're mailing decisions? I thought they were going to email us...SDSU is really taking their time. I'm pretty sure it's because we had to mail in our application and it probably took them 2 months just to organize everything.

Oh no, that's what I mean. The website says they're emailing them - so making the decisions and then waiting 2 weeks to email them out is just torture!