Fall 2014 applicants??

I just wish I could rewind time and do my applications/school choices all over again! *sigh*

Me too! I especially have remorse because my application fees were waived this year (McNair Scholar) but won't be waived next year. I know I'm incredibly lucky even to have had this first round of app fees waived, but still, I feel like I should have taken more advantage. I also got a waiver for the GRE general test, and I really should have studied a little harder and re-taken it, but I sort of just hit a wall and gave up.

Additionally, I would have had different people look over my SOPs. After reading over the general template I based each unique one off of and finding a weird/silly/obvious mistake, I'm starting to have doubts about the people that reviewed it & all the individual SOPs.

Say, did anybody else here apply to/hear from Mizzou? I saw a few acceptances go up on the board like last week, but I haven't seen or heard anything since then...

I have a friend doing her PHD there, and she told me their committee met last week to finalize the acceptances.  And they usually notify over a day or two, so...I think we're probably out of luck there.  But still hopeful for you guys. :)

Their rejections come early to mid March by mail.  Just FYI. You learn the pattern when a place rejects you more than once...

Syracuse is considering me for a funded MA; I posted details on the boards. They'll let me know for sure by Monday, which seems like it bodes well... Right? Please tell me that bodes well because I'm totally over the moon.

Wow!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Good news! I would LOVE to go to Syracuse, but CCR rejected me yesterday! See, we re still in the game! I am doing research today. Applying to MAs now.

Syracuse is considering me for a funded MA; I posted details on the boards. They'll let me know for sure by Monday, which seems like it bodes well... Right? Please tell me that bodes well because I'm totally over the moon.

Yaaaaayyyy!!!!!

Wow!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Good news! I would LOVE to go to Syracuse, but CCR rejected me yesterday! See, we re still in the game! I am doing research today. Applying to MAs now.

Thank you guys so much for your support, it just makes everything that much better :) Wendy, good luck with your MA applications, and don't give up yet!

Looking forward to hearing from Rutgers next week.  I only have six schools left as viable options. 

I haven't heard anything at all about Boston University (no acceptances, rejections, waitlists), but I'm so sure I won't get in there that I'm counting it as an implied rejection even with NO information. 

Has anyone heard anything about Boston U?

Looking forward to hearing from Rutgers next week. I only have six schools left as viable options.

I haven't heard anything at all about Boston University (no acceptances, rejections, waitlists), but I'm so sure I won't get in there that I'm counting it as an implied rejection even with NO information.

Has anyone heard anything about Boston U?

Damn phone replied before I typed. I haven't heard from BU, but historically they draw from their MA. Yeah, check where their current PhDs got their degrees. I shouldn't have bothered with that one.

How many did you apply to, total? Was it 4? Anyway, sorry to hear you're out... :(

I applied to 8 schools. 1 rejection, and 6 others ppl already posted on the board acceptances while I did not get any mails. The only one left is Princeton. I believe 100% that they would reject me. Sigh. Life is tough.

Edited by WendyWonderland

E-mailed Columbia-- "Our admissions committee has made its decisions, and GSAS will be sending out an informal email and official letters early next week."

Also, anyone waitlisted at Virginia?

I am not sure that I could handle so many rejections next week.....this application round really made me depressed. And good to know that I need to study so much to be a competitive applicant.

Were u replying for English and comparative literature? I hope at least I could make it to master for Columbia or NYU. Even I don't think I could afford it.

E-mailed Columbia-- "Our admissions committee has made its decisions, and GSAS will be sending out an informal email and official letters early next week."

Also, anyone waitlisted at Virginia?

Me! Have you heard anything about their visiting weekend, or if waitlisted candidates are invited?

Edited by ashing

So if I haven't heard from Virginia, is it possible that is good or should I just assume rejection? I only ask because in previous years, they accepted people in March who weren't even on the waitlist. . . I have it as an implied rejection, but I just don't know with them. 

I am not sure that I could handle so many rejections next week.....this application round really made me depressed.

Totally with you on that - I'm not quite sure how I'm going to survive next week. Even though I'm so done with snow, I now have my fingers crossed for that snowstorm I keep hearing about . . . at least then I can stay home and throw myself a pity party instead of just having to carry on like my entire universe wasn't just shattered.

I said it in another thread and I’ll say it again here: oy, my heart.