Waitlisted

somerset

I just received a waitlist this morning and am not too worried, actually. I figure it's because I have other offers even if I don't hear anything from them.

I just received a waitlist this morning and am not too worried, actually. I figure it's because I have other offers even if I don't hear anything from them.

Same here.

I have been waitlisted to one of my top choices. So yeh, kinda feeling uneasy. Rest decisions are yet to come and so hopefully (fingers crossed) i will not have to do the wait game.

Where have you been waitlisted ? It will be good to google the univ's waitlisting stats. For Cornell (where im waitlisted) they have an acceptance of 14% from waitlisted members.

cheers!

I have a fully funded offer from another school....its just that it was not my top choice and my top choice has waitlisted me and the most annoying part is that after I got the waitlist email I wrote back asking for details about what rank and all and have received no response which makes me really think about it being my top school also since I school I got in just offered me a little bit of extra money over the fund I got in the initial offer and are very very prompt!

I think you should weigh your options.

I mean the school that you have applied for will have something good for you that made you apply there. Right? or was it a debunk app ?

If it is a good school and you do find something of interest there, I suggest dont stress over the waiting thing and enjoy a debt-free grad school. That's a huge achievement in itself to be honest. Atleast at the end of the curriculum you won't have to stress about paying education loans. And economy can be a bitch, you never know whats going to happen. 

I only have 2 waitlists and rejects everywhere else (waitlisted at the 2 highest ranked programs and rejected at lower ranked ones. Don't get it). I am stressing out every single day. 

Guest HEPhD13

I only have 2 waitlists and rejects everywhere else (waitlisted at the 2 highest ranked programs and rejected at lower ranked ones. Don't get it). I am stressing out every single day. 

i'm in the same boat! Good luck...I'm trying to find ways to pass the time and keep the stress at bay!

i'm in the same boat! Good luck...I'm trying to find ways to pass the time and keep the stress at bay!

Thanks!! I am out of school and I don't have a job, so finding things to do to pass time is proving to be impossible!

Guest HEPhD13

Thanks!! I am out of school and I don't have a job, so finding things to do to pass time is proving to be impossible!

Haha-- as am I. I just started to look for jobs in my field until things pan out...better to have a contingency plan than starting at the beginning again. More apps to fill out-- hooray!

Haha-- as am I. I just started to look for jobs in my field until things pan out...better to have a contingency plan than starting at the beginning again. More apps to fill out-- hooray!

Good luck with the job hunt! Hope there are more opportunities in your field than mine (international relations). 

I have been waitlisted to one of my top choices. So yeh, kinda feeling uneasy. Rest decisions are yet to come and so hopefully (fingers crossed) i will not have to do the wait game.

Where have you been waitlisted ? It will be good to google the univ's waitlisting stats. For Cornell (where im waitlisted) they have an acceptance of 14% from waitlisted members.

cheers!

What did you Google to find the percentage? And is that graduates total, or specific to the department who wait listed you? I tried a search but all I found was wait list acceptance figures for undergrads...

Edited by Bearcat1

I have been wait listed at the only 3 programs I have heard from so far. I keep telling myself I have 4 more schools to hear from and the fact that I have not been fully rejected yet is a good sign. However, the thought of waiting until April to see if I am one of the few people picked off the wait list (if a spot even opens up!) is driving me crazy!!!

so now i no i was rejected from the last school i applied to since i saw other people got accepted on the forums...what sucks is this knowing that if your rejected you wont know till much later but if your accepted you know instantly....and my top school has still not responded to my email! @kushandave- i think i will be happy at the school i have full funding but its just that the top school has been a dream so its hard to let go whereas logically i know it will not happen...some part of me does wish it does:)