The last best pope

Theo-Be

I'll be honest. I think O'Malley has a good shot at winning because, in my opinion, he possesses the essential qualities needed, and any conclave seriously considering the Church would have to give him a real solid look. That said, there are *other* cardinals with equal virtues who would do very well in the position, and while I believe O'Malley would be excellent, I can't say he's the only one who would be.

My great hope is that it's not an Italian.

I don't have a prediction but I'd vote Tagle if I could. I think he's in a good position to make the Church truly global. 

Schonborn would be my 2nd choice, though O'Malley's pretty good too.

Indeed, there's still hope for Grumpy cat yet!

Grumpy Cat is out. <_<

Jorge Mario Bergoglio from Argentina is the new Pope. He will be known as "Pope Francis 1".

Edited by toby42

I'll be honest. I think O'Malley has a good shot at winning because, in my opinion, he possesses the essential qualities needed, and any conclave seriously considering the Church would have to give him a real solid look. That said, there are *other* cardinals with equal virtues who would do very well in the position, and while I believe O'Malley would be excellent, I can't say he's the only one who would be.

My great hope is that it's not an Italian.

Does he still count as an Italian if he is the son of Italian immigrants TO Argentina? HAHA

Does he still count as an Italian if he is the son of Italian immigrants TO Argentina? HAHA

haha!  I'm mostly Italian, but my husband is 100% Spanish, so we were both pretty excited.