USC MSW Priority Deadline App 13'

AyaT

Hmm... I turned my enrollment and housing form online already... Haven't heard anything yet about the financial aid package. I should call tomorrow. Also, I heard that we have to take the same amount of units that we put down on the enrollment and housing form in order to get our scholarships and to be eligible for any financial aid package. Does it have to be exactly what we put down? Or it can be a little off as long as It's full-time? (What we had to put down on the enrollment and housing form was very specific).

i called financial aid this morning but they told me that we wouldn't hear back until june. I've submitted all my paperwork, so I don't understand why it should take so long. Maybe I got the wrong information. Either way this makes me nervous because I only have till the 19th to make a decision but not knowing where I stand financially makes it rough.... 

Mscore, I know a lot of people are rejecting the offer at USC for financial reasons, so don't give up!!  You'll most likely get in!!  Best of luck to you.  =)   Did you apply to any other schools?  

• 2 weeks later...

So I didn't apply for the priority deadline (wasn't allowed since I filed for VAC last year in February) but I can't find a thread for the final March 15 deadline. I was told my decision will be "mailed" today. Are they physically mailing rejections/waitlists? Or does she actually mean email?  I applied to the San Diego Academic Center and I know their application is actually still open. I'm just like a massive stress ball right now!

I got in!!! I called yesterday and they told me they were sending the emails our in a half hour. I asked if he could tell me if it was good or bad... he was like "I can tell you it's good news!" And then I got my email and yay! So happy and relieved that I'm finally in and the "will I get in this year?" saga is over! Now to sort out financial aid...

Edited by unlikelymermaid

Congratulations unlikelymermaid!  I'll be attending UPC this year, but may relocate and do my second year at the SDAC or OCAC.  I would love to end up in San Diego since my sub-concentration will be in Military Social Work and Veterans Services.  I hope you get a great financial aid package! :-)

Edited by SoCal4Ever2

That will also be my sub concentration!  We'll have to connect if you transfer down to the SD campus! And so do I. If financial aid doesn't cover my tuition, that will derail this for me and I'd be devastated. And I'm soooo paranoid about that. I've never done the financial aid thing, so I have NO idea how it works.

• 2 weeks later...