USC MSW Priority Deadline App 13'

AyaT

Congratulations you guys!

No word for me yet :(

Eft, did you get yours early in the day like Aya?

Edited by jbean

Congrats, eft4790 and purplescarves!!! :) and best wishes for the rest of u guys!! I know how stressful and exhausting it was for me to wait this long. I hope you guys hear back asap!! :) thank you guys all for the encouragement throughout the waiting process!! :)

Also, does everyone get the USC school of social work endowed scholarship? Just wondering. I actually received a portion of it today after I got the acceptance email. And does anyone know the maximum amount you can get through that scholarship? I didn't get any info about the dean's leadership scholarship so should I just assume that I didn't qualify for that? Or are they sending that out later?

I just got an email from USC office of admission (after finding out that my bird died)... I got in!!!! Weird emotion right now because today is also my twin sister's 6th year memorial...

WTF! Did your dog kill your bird?? ;)

Congrats Aya!!! :DD

We're gonna be RIVALS!!! Haha. :P

Edited by kmed

I am still waiting as well and I applied for the priority deadline. I am actually going crazy waiting! Does anyone know if people have been rejected as well as accepted? Or are they just sending acceptances, and then all the rejections later?

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one left! I applied before the priority deadline too (though it was only the day before... perhaps that's why I'm one of the last to hear?) 

Mscore, you applied for the on-campus program as well, not the on-line one? 

I don't know if anyone has gotten rejections yet (which is making me very nervous), but I know just last week several people got accepted. And it was on a Friday, so I'm REALLY hoping to get some news today. 

Congrats Jbean, Bradley610, and CaliGirl-MSW!!! Finally!!! :) And Mscore, hope u hear back soon!

I'm beginning to think that this process took so long for some of us because they were also reevaluating our scholarships applications/essays. I got both Dean's Leadership and Social Work Endowed Scholarships. I got a separate letter for each after the acceptance email.

Congrats Jbean, Bradley610, and CaliGirl-MSW!!! Finally!!! :) And Mscore, hope u hear back soon!

I'm beginning to think that this process took so long for some of us because they were also reevaluating our scholarships applications/essays. I got both Dean's Leadership and Social Work Endowed Scholarships. I got a separate letter for each after the acceptance email.

Thanks Aya! And, wow, congrats! A couple hours after I got my acceptance email I got an email telling me I was selected for "the MSW scholarship", and that they may potentially offer me others. Did you get your leadership and endowed scholarship emails immediately after your acceptance email? Also, do you mind me asking if either of them were enough to make any kind of significant dent in the tuition? I am incredibly grateful for what they've offered me, but I'm definitely still struggling with figuring out how in the world I'll possibly be able to pay for this. 

Edited by jbean

I got the MSW scholarship like a couple hours after the acceptance email. But I had to wait like 5 days for the leadership one. Both combined will cover close to half of the first year tuition. The second year, I'll need to apply again. Hope u get the leadership one too! :)

Thanks so much for the info, Aya! That definitely gives me some hope :)

Mscore, they want me to put down a payment by 4/19. But, I felt the same way two Friday's ago when a bunch of people got an email and I hadn't yet... I wouldn't assume you're on the wait list yet. You could still get in!

Mscore, they want me to put down a payment by 4/12. I think It's different for everyone depending on the day u got accepted. They give u 2 weeks from the day u get the acceptance email. And within that 2-week period, u have to accept/confirm their offer, pay the $280 deposit, confirm the offer again on the Graduate Statement of Intent form online, set up the USC email account, and send the Field Placement forms (via mail). The placement forms are kinda long. U also need to write another personal statement that's different from your original one but some of the contents are very similar.

I am still waiting as well and I applied for the priority deadline. I am actually going crazy waiting! Does anyone know if people have been rejected as well as accepted? Or are they just sending acceptances, and then all the rejections later?

When I spoke to them about my transferring over to advanced standing on campus sometime in January, they told me they haven't started reviewing applications. I have not heard of anyone being rejected at USC, my former colleague got in with a 2.9 gpa. 

I just got the acceptance letter friday and would love to commit to going to USC but i haven't heard anything from financial aid and that worries me. I was wondering if anyone has received their financial aid package yet? 

Ashleeee, I called to ask some questions today and they said they can't put together your financial aid package until you finish the enrollment and housing form. If you've turned that in already I would go ahead and give them a call to ask about it.