The "rejected" dream

ngsmile

Maybe I am thinking too much about this PhD program, but I had a dream that I was rejected :-(

Unlike many of you on here, I only applied to one school and it is overseas.  I already have my master's and I would really like to get into this particular program.  But the dream last night has me worried.  I really don't have a plan b, so I am starting to panic just a little.  

I still have a month to go before I find out and I am guessing these dreams won't stop?

Try your best not to fret on it.

I to had nightmares regarding schools and applications, and sometimes even on grants.

Do your best just to go forward, and after all, worst comes to worse, you can apply again next year - including different locations if you so chose.

We have probably all had dreams about this process. I had one that I was waitlisted and when I woke up, it took me a while to realize that it was a dream. I was in the shower wondering how long it would take to get off the wait list and wonder where I was on the list and all those worries that come with being waitlisted. As I was getting dressed, I realized it was all a dream.

Considering the ridiculous number of things-going-wrong-at-work dreams I have, I'm surprised I haven't dreamed about applicatons more. I did have one where I accidentally called one of the graduate coordinators and couldn't say anything coherent to her.

Thanks guys :-)

I will just try to relax because there is not much I can do now. 

All the best of luck to all of you!

Edited by ngsmile

It sounds so easy doesn't it? Just relax because there is nothing we can do. But it isn't really that easy, although I am doing much better this week when I accepted that it is out of my hands, but I still have my moments.

I, too, applied to just one school after being rejected from my choice school the last application round (still no word on this year's too). I don't think dreams really mean much when it comes to these things - a few weeks before they sent the rejection last  year, I had a dream about being accepted! Anxiety and wishful thinking :-/

Even after I got accepted to a program I really liked, I was was still having nightmares about getting rejected from THAT program. I would have nightmares that I was at the interview event again, only this time around it was going horribly wrong & kept getting worse.