Does it mean there is no hope if there is still no news up to now?(math)

breezeintopl

Still no news from Brown(applied math), NYU(math), CMU(math), Northeastern(Math).

Some of these schools have already sent offers. Does it mean there is no hope if there is still no news up to now? It is Apr. 3rd. today.

Are the schools waiting for other candidates to decline them? or they are waiting to send reject letters exactly at 415? 

I'm not from those schools but if they've sent acceptance letters it means they've probably sent rejection letters also. If you haven't gotten a rejection, they've most likely not made a decision on your application yet. Good luck.

Some schools are really terrible at getting back to students. Sometimes it means they haven't made a decision yet. Other times a program won't send out their final round of rejections until they have everything squared away and have filled all their spots. And then sometimes they're just bad at getting back to you. I applied to TJU for their neuroscience program, was told I'd have an answer in two to three weeks (this was in February) and finally got a rejection letter in the mail in May.

I wouldn't give up hope yet. Have they sent out rejections or only offers? If they have sent rejections and you haven't gotten one yet, I see that as a good sign. I don't know about funding, though. It seems like funded offers would have gone out by now, but who knows. Are people still getting funding offers this late in the game?

I'm not from those schools but if they've sent acceptance letters it means they've probably sent rejection letters also. If you haven't gotten a rejection, they've most likely not made a decision on your application yet. Good luck.

OK, thank you very much! I think I can do nothing but wait T.T

Different field, but some people in English just got word of acceptance with funding today it looks like. That could be a positive sign.

My situation is the same. Now I'm waiting for PIBS, Miller School of Medicine. I emailed to director, and he said the final decision will be made by 15th Apr. However, I've heard some students already get acceptance with previous interview process. I'm losing my hope right now. The worst part is that this is my last school I'm waiting, and I haven't got any acceptance :( If there's anyone heard back from PIBS Miami, please share.

Anyways, wish you get good news from applied school soon! :)

Are people still getting funding offers this late in the game?

I got a funded offer today. It's in a different field (entomology) and at a different school... but in general, I think that some departments are just really slow. And if the graduate school that processes departmental recommendations is slow to do the paperwork as well, then it could take even longer to hear anything.

Don't lose hope yet, everyone!

Edited by zabius