Anyone heard from GW/Elliott yet? (especially Int'l Devel)

I just chekced the website and found an acceptance to the Masters in International Science and Tech. policy; however there was no mention or reference to any funding or financial aid. Does this mean that they'd send that info separately or that I simply didn't get a scholarship? It seems that the latter is true because everyone in the results page show financial info along with the acceptance....but I'm not sure. I had thought that colleges mentioned something on scholarships (even if it were a no). Anybody else in a similar situation?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am deeply confused. My admissions decision says:

Thank you for your application to the Elliott School of International Affairs. At this time, we have still not received all of your required application materials. To see which materials we have not received, please log in to your ApplyYourself application.

To be considered for the fall 2009 entering class, we encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible.

And yet, the ApplyYourself system says that my application has been complete as of early/mid February. Huh!? So, angry phone call later this morning, eh?

And yet, the ApplyYourself system says that my application has been complete as of early/mid February. Huh!? So, angry phone call later this morning, eh?

Angry phone call, indeed.

I just chekced the website and found an acceptance to the Masters in International Science and Tech. policy; however there was no mention or reference to any funding or financial aid. Does this mean that they'd send that info separately or that I simply didn't get a scholarship? It seems that the latter is true because everyone in the results page show financial info along with the acceptance....but I'm not sure. I had thought that colleges mentioned something on scholarships (even if it were a no). Anybody else in a similar situation?

I also found an admit online with no funding info. I'm pretty sure, given the kinds of letters people got yesterday, that it means no aid. boo...

Yeah, not cool. I had so much trouble with GW. They lost my transcript, and somehow I got two logons and ended up with 2 applications, neither of which was totally complete (some recommenders on one, but not on others) so I ended up submitting both (yes and paying twice!). I'd definitely say an angry phone call is in order. Sorry about that, hopefully you can get it straightened out soon.

For what it's worth ... I received an email yesterday indicating I would receive funding. Yet, there is no mention of funding in the award letter I found on the website this morning. Just a rather long text that talks about the program, school and location.

For what it's worth ... I received an email yesterday indicating I would receive funding. Yet, there is no mention of funding is in the award letter I found on the website this morning. Just a rather long text that talks about the program, school and location.

Well since I didn't get an e-mail indicating funding yesterday I'm not holding my breath for it, but thanks for letting us know! Maybe there's still hope for the rest of us. Congrats on the admission and funding!

*wraps fingers on table* No one is picking up the phone... So, benefit of the doubt: they meant to check the box "admitted with huge funding package but instead someone erroneously clicked "app incomplete", right?

congrats all accepted people.. could you do a favor and share your stats and WE's for those of us who'll apply in coming years??

Not a bad idea, but ideally, we should set up a thread where people can post their info and all their accept/reject schools together once everything is in, no?

Long story made short, It seems there was an issue with processing my application, but, because this situation was brough to the adcom's attention by me, they will look at my file and decide today. This processing problem may have disqualified me for funding, but we shall see. If there are any GW admissions people reading this thread, I will say that while I am displeased by this situation, I appreciate that the person who I was able to reach is attempting to resolve it promptly.

GW continues to fumble my decision. Blerg.

When is the admitted students day? I will be in DC for the SIS admitted students day (4/13) and the SAIS admitted students day (4/15) and I hope very much that Elliot's day is around that time.

Anyone received mail yet? I only found my acceptance through the webpage, but I've heard nothing in the form of email or snailmail yet...what gives? Anybody else in a similar situation?

I think that's the case for everyone, actually...

Got the official mailer today. Had the same funding info from Elliott that was listed in the March 20 email. No mention of the special University Graduate Grant from the university that was alluded to in a March 4 email. Any chance of us getting word on that before we have to make a decision April 20?

Wow. I hadn't gotten any emails regarding fellowship considerations and assumed that meant no money - and then the admit package arrived yesterday. $17k out of the blue clear sky, after I'd already started to write Elliott off...

...anyone else get surprises in the mail?

Hot damn! GW got off its collective butt, admitted that my application has been complete for about a month and a half (contrary to what it's original decision letter had said), and admitted me! Come on funding...pretty please...

Hot damn! GW got off its collective butt, admitted that my application has been complete for about a month and a half (contrary to what it's original decision letter had said), and admitted me! Come on funding...pretty please...

congratulations!

Wow. I hadn't gotten any emails regarding fellowship considerations and assumed that meant no money - and then the admit package arrived yesterday. $17k out of the blue clear sky, after I'd already started to write Elliott off...

...anyone else get surprises in the mail?

Yep, had the exact same thing happen (right down to the amount).