University of Washington, Seattle

t_ruth

So...who is considering it? Who is definitely going? I know I saw a few acceptances on the results board...

What do you all think about the year-by-year funding situation? Has anyone heard (positively) about first year funding?

I'm considering. I'll be up for the Prospective Days in early April. Will you be there?

I've heard nothing about funding, and that would make a big difference since I'm out of state and Berkeley has already offered me a fellowship. Did you apply to scholarships for Washington? I wonder if I messed up by not applying .... thought those were for financial hardship cases only which is not a camp I currently fall into (being employed).

I applied for scholarships, and I've heard they are deciding the TAships before the end of the month, but that funding prospects are "dire." I have full funding at two other places (one for three years, one for four), so am probably not going to consider it unless they give me at least a decent first year package.

I hear that UW has already passed out quite a few fellowships and RA positions, but that there are still other funding opportunities available. I was admitted, but declined the offer this week (going to UCLA). I never did hear about funding, even though my advisor had told me she had applied for several fellowships for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Will anyone be starting an Education PhD program at the University of Washington? If so, where are you from (local or transplant)? What made you decide to choose UW? I am still deciding between 3 schools, and the lack of funding from UW is stearing me towards another lower-ranked school. Any advice or comments are welcomed!!!!

I ultimately decided against it because of funding issues as well. The school I will be attending is one I feel that is really up-and-coming, and they've offered me some pretty nice funding. :)

Where are you considering?