Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

Hypothetically, if you were offered a) a Fulbright ETA to go to a country that you've dreamed about going to, and renewable up to three years

and b ) An acceptance at your first-choice masters program with funding (one year), but the admission can be deferred while the funding is not guaranteed.

Where would you go? 

Edit: Mojodreams, sorry to hear that! 

Edited by MastersHoping

I am pleased to inform you that the National Screening Committee of the Institute of International Education (IIE) has recommended you for a grant under the Fulbright U.S. Student Program for the academic year 2014-15.  Your application has been forwarded to the supervising agency abroad for final review.  In addition, your application will be forwarded to the program sponsor, the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State, for transmittal to the presidentially-appointed J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB).  The FFSB makes final decisions on Fulbright awards. < /span>

I am pleased to inform you that the National Screening Committee of the Institute of International Education (IIE) has recommended you for a grant under the Fulbright U.S. Student Program for the academic year 2014-15.  Your application has been forwarded to the supervising agency abroad for final review.  In addition, your application will be forwarded to the program sponsor, the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State, for transmittal to the presidentially-appointed J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB).  The FFSB makes final decisions on Fulbright awards. < /span>

CONGRATS!

For those not recommended...we are with you, and you will still do amazing things.

"Subject: Your Fulbright Application

I am pleased to inform you that the National Screening Committee of the Institute of International Education (IIE) has recommended you for a grant under the Fulbright U.S. Student Program for the academic year 2014-15.  Your application has been forwarded to the supervising agency abroad for final review.  In addition, your application will be forwarded to the program sponsor, the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State, for transmittal to the presidentially-appointed J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB).  The FFSB makes final decisions on Fulbright awards."

Thank god... I really needed some good news. Even if I don't make it as a finalist, this looks great on my CV and I can be a mentor for future Fulbright applicants. 

I am SO sorry for all of you who did not make it through this round. If you want to apply again next year, feel free to message me for advice. I mentor undergraduates on applications like this all the time. Hopefully I can be of some help. 

Edited by Secret_Ninja

I don't even remember which email address I used arghhh .

My heart is literally racing right now. Time to listen to some K-Pop to calm my nerves. 

Do all of the people who have received news already have anything in common? Is it sent out by region? 

I wonder when the South Korea applicants will hear back! 

Edited by MastersHoping