Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

I'm starting to wonder about the program I applied to in terms of grants. I went to the Uni site where it lists grantees and even though Fulbright lists 2 grants for that school, there has only ever been 1 per year. Unless they just posted one of their two grantees? Weirdness with Fulbright funding.

Hi Everyone,

Sending lots of positive thoughts and congratulations to those who have already received acceptance notification letters. Lots of love, support and motivation to keep going to those who will be taking on other journeys besides Fulbright in the year ahead. 

I realize most of this discussion is centralized around research / ETA grants, but I was wondering if anyone applied to the Fulbright-mtvU fellowship or if anyone knows when we'll likely hear back?

Good luck to those still waiting to hear back!

Edited by Storytelling_Is_My_Life

Oh my god! Is this a joke?!

Dear Miss Shrader,

Congratulations!

I am delighted to inform you that you have been selected for a 2014-2015 Fulbright U.S. Student Award to Germany. The Fulbright Program is the flagship international educational exchange program of the United States.

Germany ETA. Subject: Fulbright U.S. Student Program Notification

Oh my god! Is this a joke?!

Germany ETA. Subject: Fulbright U.S. Student Program Notification

Congrats!!!!!!!!

I was just accepted as well. I'm leaning towards USTA in Austria, but it is still very exciting. Quite a relief to have this waiting period over with!

Ohmy God! what is going on???? I just went on Twitter and saw that a professor was granted a Fulbright scholarship on April 2nd to South Korea. was this for a different grant or what I am so confused right now.....

Ohmy God! what is going on???? I just went on Twitter and saw that a professor was granted a Fulbright scholarship on April 2nd to South Korea. was this for a different grant or what I am so confused right now.....

I would be fairly certain it was the scholar grant. I think professors can only apply for those.

Fulbright Scholar awards are different than ETA/student grants. They are for professors/scholars with a substantial amount of research experience, and they usually get to serve as an adjunct faculty member in another country.

German ETA - Alternate

I was prepared to hear this and have some other satisfying opportunities, however it certainly would have been thrilling if things had gone the other way.

Congratulations on the good news kmkshrader and social14!

I officially accepted the Fulbright offer to Spain today! Starting to finally feel like it's actually happening.

How do I accept? I was placed in Madrid so do I email the person who sent me the email back? :)

Just got alternate for Germany. I'm going to choose to interpret this as a rejection and begin planning for the next year in America (unless of course "more funding becomes available").

Edited by x24walkn

To all of you who have yet to hear...just try to stay cool and excercise a bit!! I know that helped me when I was in the same waiting train as you. I know you are all feeling like you are waiting for the Hogwarts letter to come hah

tumblr_mcguficMbM1rz1twi.gif

This made my day! Also, I agree 100% about the exercise. I've been going to barre (yoga/pilates/ballet) classes everyday and it really helps to take my mind of things. 

Hello fellow Fulbright applicants. I have been lurking around for about the last 50 pages of comments. I applied to be an ETA in Laos this year (hello Mo). I am unique in that I do not currently live in the US. I currently live/work in Thailand. Anyone else in a similiar situation?

I applied for an ETA grant to Thailand. How much do you love living there? How are the people? Food? Weather? Scenery? Sorry for all of the questions lol

I stayed home from work this morning because I wasn't feeling well. I woke up after 11 am to the Fulbright email notifying me that I've been accepted for the ETA! 

I just sat on my bed and cried from all the pent up anxiety and tension.

I'M GOING BACK TO GERMANY! 

Congrats to everybody else who got in, and good luck to those of you who didn't and will be trying again next year!

Got the ETA to Germany! (And so did my roommate!)

I also received my placement (because apparently Mecklenburg-Vorpommern is ON it). I'll be in Teterow! Hit me up if you'll be in the North. 

So happy for all of you new Germany ETAs! And that's amazing that you already have your placement, jensenhl! That's a big change from last year; hopefully it means the rest of you also won't have to wait so long. 

For the alternates -- don't lose hope! With 140 grants available, you can definitely expect some people to turn theirs down for various reason. I know of three current ETAs off the top of my head who were originally alternates.

For the alternates -- don't lose hope! With 140 grants available, you can definitely expect some people to turn theirs down for various reason. I know of three current ETAs off the top of my head who were originally alternates.

That's good to hear, thanks. 

Has anyone gotten one after they reapplied? What kind of changes are you expected to make to your application?

Got the ETA to Germany! (And so did my roommate!)

I also received my placement (because apparently Mecklenburg-Vorpommern is ON it). I'll be in Teterow! Hit me up if you'll be in the North. 

Are you and your roommate in the same city?

Congratulations, Yanders!

As for accepting the offer, I received a second email with further instructions from the director of my country. I don't think you reply to the initial acceptance email.