Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

Hi!! I just decided to join this forum. I am recommended for a study grant to Berlin next year. Anyone else trying to study/research in Germany? Crossing my fingers for everyone - and I feel lucky just to be a finalist :) 

Hi!! I just decided to join this forum. I am recommended for a study grant to Berlin next year. Anyone else trying to study/research in Germany? Crossing my fingers for everyone - and I feel lucky just to be a finalist :)

Hi – another Germany research finalist here. The google doc shows that there are at least 7 of us participating in gradcafe, so welcome to the crowd! I'll be in either Berlin or Leipzig studying music. What is your field?

Hi – another Germany research finalist here. The google doc shows that there are at least 7 of us participating in gradcafe, so welcome to the crowd! I'll be in either Berlin or Leipzig studying music. What is your field?

Hi!! :) Germany finalist here too! I'm hoping to study in Heidelberg. Good luck to everyone!

Hi!  :)  Germany finalist here too! I'm hoping to study in Heidelberg. Good luck to everyone!!

Oh cool! Is there a link to the google doc?

I'd be doing a one year MS at Charité-Universität studying International Health. I still am shocked that I am even recommended... it's crazy! I just wish they would tell us soon so I can sort out my other plans after I graduate   :rolleyes:  

Heidelberg, eh? Oldest university in the world, isnt it?

According to the book of world records, the University of al-Karaouine is the oldest. But Heidelberg is the oldest in Germany! 

Hi guys. I'm a finalist for a study grant to FU Berlin doing History.

Hi everyone,

I hope you all are having a wonderful Valentine's day!

I wanted to post a comment asking if there was anyone who has been recommended for study in the UK that has not yet received notification of an interview date and time. I've heard that the UK requires interviews, and it seems this is the case in previous Fulbright award years. On the spreadsheet, recommended candidates are interviewed at the end of this month. I can't help but feel pretty anxious. I've heard nothing...nothing at all. In my mind, this is not a good sign. I'm thinking this means my application is not being further considered.

Does anyone have any insight? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you all in advance :)

I'm a UK applicant applying to the US and I haven't heard anything since I applied in November. I rang the UK office up and they said that one of their advisors is off at the moment so things are very hectic - maybe this is why you haven't heard yet? As for me, they said I should have been told already and will get back to me as to what's gone wrong (that was 3 weeks ago and I've rung them in the meantime too :/)

Out of curiosity, how did people send their transcripts to IIE?

I was paranoid about them losing my transcripts or claiming they never received it so I got a sealed copy of my transcripts and then personally paid to have it sent certified with receipt. My roommate (who is here on a Fulbright from Mozambique) said that she had to resend documents multiple times because they "got lost" so I thought it was better to be safe than sorry.

I was paranoid about them losing my transcripts or claiming they never received it so I got a sealed copy of my transcripts and then personally paid to have it sent certified with receipt. My roommate (who is here on a Fulbright from Mozambique) said that she had to resend documents multiple times because they "got lost" so I thought it was better to be safe than sorry.

In the "recommended" e-mail, they say that they cannot confirm receipt until/after tomorrow (Feb. 21). They will also let you know if they did not receive it... If the latter is the case, it shouldn't count against anyone's application.

I sent mine via Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. I saw that it was delivered successfully a few days later.  

I sent mine through my school. They have never lost anything for me. Plus, I once shipped with confirmation and it SOMEHOW got lost between the time it was scanned in as delivered and the time it should have reached its destination. So I just went with what was easier.

I sent mine through my school. They have never lost anything for me. Plus, I once shipped with confirmation and it SOMEHOW got lost between the time it was scanned in as delivered and the time it should have reached its destination. So I just went with what was easier.

Urgg that must have been so annoying after going through the extra trouble of sending it with confirmation >__<

Urgg that must have been so annoying after going through the extra trouble of sending it with confirmation >__<

Yup. Especially since it was never found, so I didn't get a refund on my shipping nor did I get a refund for the cost of the lost item. So annoying. I should have paid extra for insurance, but I feel like if you pay to have something shipped and they lose it, they should have to pay for it. But that's just me. 

If I remember right from last year, they were very chill about transcripts. It wasn't the kind of thing that would make or break your chances; they would just contact you if they hadn't received them by a certain date. I wouldn't sweat that part of it too much.

Hello Fellow Fulbrighters,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I tried to contact the Fulbright office today by phone but found that the coordinator for UK grants is out of office until Feb. 25; I emailed asking about the interview situation for people recommended for UK grants and whether no interview is a bad thing. I'll post if I hear anything back.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I did the same!

So I have an interview this coming week. Does anyone have any suggestions for questions to ask? I really can't think of anything. I've been researching this scholarship for about 3 years, so I feel like I don't have any straight-forward questions to ask. Just logistics about housing, food, etc. I may just be too nervous to think properly.