Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

Hey everyone. So I think that from past years, not everyone gets the (P), (A), or (NS). It might be country or region specific. 

Thank you for all the congrats!

As for who I contacted. I sent an email to Johnathon Akeley, the program coordinator for SE Asia. His email is on the Fulbright website. 

Good Luck to all of you!  I am so sorry that you guys all still have to wait. I know it can be excruciating. I actually still need 15k in grant money to finish supporting my research, all those notifications roll in sometime in the next 3 weeks - 3 months. Sheesh. 

I've been lurking for a while, but this is my first time posting!

@Secret_Ninja, who did you email to find out about your Indonesia application? I've been desperately waiting to hear back about mine, I thought I was the only one who had yet to hear!

I'm in the same boat still, too! It's driving me crazy...I thought everyone for Indonesia would have heard back by now! Are you Research or ETA?

I'm in the same boat still, too! It's driving me crazy...I thought everyone for Indonesia would have heard back by now! Are you Research or ETA?

I'm ETA. Another student from my University also applied for the ETA in Indonesia and found out she's a recipient, so I'm definitely anxiously awaiting the email! Hopefully we'll know something soon!

Hey there minusthehare, 

Well, Secret_Ninja is a Principle candidate since the person was select. Then of course there are the other possible notifications of being an alternate (A) or a non-select (N). I was just drawing a conclusion from the email which had "Your Fulbright Application (P)" in the subject line. I'm not sure if that was just a fluke or if that's just something Indonesia was doing for their candidates. Just an observation. Sorry to confuse you :-) 

No worries, that makes sense. Just hadn't heard of these indicators being part of the subject line of the final notification email.

Still haven't heard anything about the Fulbright and need to decide relatively soon about the graduate schools I was admitted to. Anyone else in the same boat?

Still haven't heard anything about the Fulbright and need to decide relatively soon about the graduate schools I was admitted to. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm in the same boat. I have two schools and need to make a decision soon. This is slightly stressful!

Thanks for the (P) (A) (N) clarification! I was a bit confused.

I read that ETA S.Korea finalists should hear back around late March. Is this true?

Hi fellow SK ETA hopeful. When you say that you "read" that we should hear back around late March, did you actually find some literature out there that stated we should find out in that window, or are you basing that (as I have) off of the data that someone else from this forum collected and elegantly organized in the spreadsheets? (Sorry if that sounds abrasive - just trying to figure out if there is extra info that might help us alleviate some uncertainty here that I haven't come across in my obsessive googling about this yet) 

Edited by arigold36

I'm in the same boat. I have two schools and need to make a decision soon. This is slightly stressful!

Same, I posted about this a few days ago as well w/r/t potentially deferring my PhD. Since I was feeling pressure from one of my schools to make a decision ASAP and still am not sure when I can expect to hear back from Fulbright, I went ahead and wrote the graduate program directors in each department to figure out whether deferral would be an option. As it turns out, my top school said I could definitely defer and my runner-up school said I definitely could not, thus making my decision a lot easier.

I am getting very antsy. I am on Spring Break this week, home alone, and have nothing to do. I need to distract myself with Netflix to avoid checking my email and spam box every 5 seconds. Considering Brazil notified applicants on March 4th last year I can't stop thinking about Fulbright...

Lord, it's like waiting for the second coming. You know it's happening, but will never know when. And there are plenty of prophecies, but all of them seems false until that one day...

Thanks for the (P) (A) (N) clarification! I was a bit confused.

I read that ETA S.Korea finalists should hear back around late March. Is this true?

Hey There GnosisExchange, 

According to the spreadsheet, we could hear something back from Korea anytime between March 12th and mid-April. I'm actually applying for full research but I think they give us the news at the same time or at least within 24hrs of each other. My guess is since some applicants who are awarded a Fulbright still have to apply for graduate schools in Korea (starting as early as April or May) in order to fully receive the Fulbright scholarship, Korea has to send notifications out sometime this week or by the end of March so that we can prepare properly. However, anything is possible. These are just my own conclusions here lol But I'm getting pretty anxious at this point haha 

I hope everyone is holding up pretty well with this torturous wait! And I sincerely tip my hat off to those who have applied more than once. You guys truly have the patience of saints hahaha

Lord, it's like waiting for the second coming. You know it's happening, but will never know when. And there are plenty of prophecies, but all of them seems false until that one day...

I could not have said it better. :ph34r:

This constant anticipation is seriously killing me. I find myself scouring the internet for any news or hints almost everyday even though I know there is nothing out there!!!!

I just looked at the calendar and realized we have almost three weeks until the end of march and still may have to wait into April....

UGH.

I had to give in too, once I saw that there was someone else for Vietnam! I was also recommended for ETA there. I am truly hoping we find out sooner rather than later because like you I have been stalking the former acceptance dates for Vietnam and they're usually a little later than most. I hope it is different this year!

You're also applying to Vietnam?! That's awesome. I google the notification dates everyday. I hope we find out this month!!! 

I'm definitely going crazy. I'm still networking with people in my potential host country, Armenia, and developing good contacts. I'm also frantically checking the news over there. So over this. 

Is anyone else really hoping their POI will just happen to let it slip that they got it? Like, I'd still hold out until official letters and such, but yeah. It'd be a nice: well, in theory, sorta deal. 

Is anyone else really hoping their POI will just happen to let it slip that they got it? Like, I'd still hold out until official letters and such, but yeah. It'd be a nice: well, in theory, sorta deal. 

My POI did not know until I told her. I don't think they find out first...