Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

Congratulations to those lucky enough to be principal and alternate candidates! I'm wishing the best for your futures :-) as a fellow Fulbright applicant it truly saddens me to see some of you not being selected but I hope that things work out for the best for your future and you will somehow be able to go to the place that you dream of.

In other Fulbright news it appears that Nepal has released notifications according to the spreadsheet! The date Is unknown though.

also, a sincere thanks to all those who share their information to the spreadsheet. It's really helpful!

My fellow Korea applicants, i think you guys are right about Tuesday, but I think I've gotten to the point where i have become afraid of my email. Not sure if I wanna know anymore hahaha

Is there anyone else who keeps looking back over statistics and trying to figure out your chances of getting principal, alternate, or non- select? I'm thinking 50 percent principal 25 percent alternate and 25 percent non-select. just a guess.. lol

Edited by ginagoestokorea

I need to stop reloading this page and just get to work on my BA thesis. Ugh! I wish I could get Fulbright off my mind.

this is me too... i can't work on my thesis because im constantly refreshing my email and this page :/

Aight, well, to all those concerned I just got this response from IIE's Western Hemisphere coordinator:

Final selections for the Fulbright ETA program in Colombia are still pending.  Decisions are likely to be announced in mid-April.  Thank you for your patience.

Looks like I better pack it up for now, see you all in a few weeks.  

And I can't believe Thailand got MORE applicants this year than the past two years for the same amount of grants! I feel very blessed just to be recommended!

I know! Me too. I'm still pretty nervous though  :unsure:

Work is able to keep me insane and busy. Plus it's my youngest housemate's 21st birthday tonight (I'm 25) so that should help, too! Any forecasted notifications tonight or Monday? The last Armenia applicant heard back on 3/22 (tomorrow...Saturday). Thank you, Fulbright

For those of you that already received final notifications, what time did you receive them? What it around the same time as the finalist emails (around 5:50)?

I don't think it works the same way, because I saw last year's people for France got notified around 11:00-1:00. I found out at 4:36 PM.

Aight, well, to all those concerned I just got this response from IIE's Western Hemisphere coordinator:

Final selections for the Fulbright ETA program in Colombia are still pending. Decisions are likely to be announced in mid-April. Thank you for your patience.

Looks like I better pack it up for now, see you all in a few weeks.

Thanks so much for writing the coordinator. This will definitely allow me to relax for a few weeks. Wow! I'm shocked, it hasn't been this late in the past 4 years. Thanks again and congrats to those who were accepted and to those who were selected to be alternates.

What happened to the spreadsheet? I think someone deleted around 100 rows?

Are you serious?! When did you notice?

I'll go check if my row is deleted. If it is, I'll just re-input it.

Edit: How come the world regions were deleted? It made it so much easier to navigate tot have it color-coordinated that way. WTF happened?! 

Edited by GnosisExchange

Are you serious?! When did you notice?

I'll go check if my row is deleted. If it is, I'll just re-input it.

Edit: How come the world regions were deleted? It made it so much easier to navigate tot have it color-coordinated that way. WTF happened?! 

Yea, I noticed this as well.  There's also a note at the bottom that someone apparently has deleted anyone's information if it was not in the correct alphabetical order (I'm guessing they meant alphabetical in terms of country names).  Which is baffling because now some of the countries are inexplicably mixed up (UK on either side of Venezuela and Vietnam, for instance).  I also don't see any info on people who were accepted, though maybe that's just been filtered or something.

This isn't the first time this has happened.  There have been a few occasions where whole columns and/or hundreds of rows have been removed, and while I think sometimes it's fine and makes it easier to navigate (for instance, removing the Name and Username columns), I also think that before you remove any information you should bring it up here on the forum first.  

There's also a note at the bottom that someone apparently has deleted anyone's information if it was not in the correct alphabetical order (I'm guessing they meant alphabetical in terms of country names). Which is baffling because now some of the countries are inexplicably mixed up (UK on either side of Venezuela and Vietnam, for instance). .

Anytime someone goes into the document and rearranges the info according to whichever column they choose, then all other columns appear out of alphabetical order. I know we're all stressed, but deleting everyone else's info seems a little extreme.

Any time someone uses all-caps I just think "Why are you yelling at me?"

http://replygif.net/i/370.gif

Yea, I noticed this as well.  There's also a note at the bottom that someone apparently has deleted anyone's information if it was not in the correct alphabetical order (I'm guessing they meant alphabetical in terms of country names).  Which is baffling because now some of the countries are inexplicably mixed up (UK on either side of Venezuela and Vietnam, for instance).  I also don't see any info on people who were accepted, though maybe that's just been filtered or something.

This isn't the first time this has happened.  There have been a few occasions where whole columns and/or hundreds of rows have been removed, and while I think sometimes it's fine and makes it easier to navigate (for instance, removing the Name and Username columns), I also think that before you remove any information you should bring it up here on the forum first.  

*face palm* If this is truly the case, then wtf.

I don't know how you guys feel about appointing a few of us to be in charge of adding new information in the future, but this information is super important for the applicants that will come after us to have and I don't want to see it being completely wiped out again.

This just seems so rude. Why would someone do it?

I definitely agree that before any changes are made other than updating our own row, it should be discussed here. If you guys want to appoint some people to be the only ones able to access it, those people need to be really dependable.

I'm not sure if this is just my phone or not, but it looks indonesia's info is gone =( looking at all of those "acceptances" gave me hope! =( who created the document? Are they the ones who can put restrictions on it?

I opened it but didn't enter any information or even click on anything. Would that have messed it up? It was a day or so ago though. 

Wow.. that's a clusterfuck. I guess I should have been downloading it every few days or so to try and save a copy. (I did not make it). 

I am going to wait until someone says "Ok this is it - add your stuff" because now it just has all of the stuff from 1/28, and mine is gone. Also - can't this just be organized by country once you add your info? I mean, it's Excel - can't you just tell it to rearrange alphabetically by a certain column? 

I've been reading this message board for a while now, and want to thank everyone for all the e-support through this application process! 
I was notified today that I was selected for a Fulbright ETA to Slovak Republic. I got the email at 4:45pm Eastern Time and the subject read "Fulbright Application Status (P)".

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

So to take my mind off of Fulbright, I'm reading Rhodes Scholar profiles. Now, I feel like I've done nothing with my life besides eat potato chips off the couch, lol.

1. "Interned at the U.S. Embassy in Belgrade." I don't even know where Belgrade IS.

2. "Worked with leading law enforcement authorities to use psychological research to achieve less biased trials." I did one semester of research teaching kids how to say "car" in Dutch--it's "auto," by the way.

3. "A pianist and a freshman lightweight rower, he also trained as a competitive figure skater under the coach of the Chinese Olympic team." Well, then. Lol.

4. "President of the Stanford Debate Society, and won 2nd place in the U.S. national debate championships." I once entered an English writing contest and got second place... out of two contestants.

5. "Written one feature length screenplay and three for short films." I went to watch Wicked on discount tickets, once.

6. "Tutor and lecturer in math, physics and biology in summers in Syria and Lebanon." I taught English to a group of Vietnamese nuns one semester in Taiwan.

7. "Worked in Kenya on an irrigation project and is now developing a water project for Tanzania." I once helped my mom water her plants, and it died. :o Lol.

Edited by kbui