Anyone applied to Columbia MA Biotechnology?

coollsy

On the application website do you have some of the documents with a green tick to the right of "received" and others with a different symbol? I'm thinking of maybe calling the university, what do you think?

On the application website do you have some of the documents with a green tick to the right of "received" and others with a different symbol? I'm thinking of maybe calling the university, what do you think?

Yep, beside my recommendations and transcript I have a green tick, and beside my CV and statement of purpose it's like a document symbol. If you contact them let us know what they say! Although judging by previous year's results on the results search we won't hear back until early to mid-May. 

Congratz Yorkies! You got into UPenn?!!that's awesome/

What school do you wanna go?

Hey thanks so much! I seriously have no idea. I'd love to be at either UPenn or Columbia. If I got into Columbia as well I think I'd be facing a major dilemma. I was really leaning towards UPenn before, but after doing some more research I really like Columbia's program as well! I basically have no clue what I'd do in that situation! 

Hi guys,

I am also waiting to hear from Columbia's Biotechnology M.A. program.  Hopefully we will find out this week.  Will let you know if I hear anything.  Please keep me updated.  Thanks  :)

Hi vcherneky - did you have a chance to speak with the university?  any feedback so far?

Thanks.

Hey guys, I just got an acceptance email from Columbia's director of biotechnology program.  I haven't received the official offer letter for the school yet (pending final approval from Dean), but it's definitely great news since this program is perfect for my background.

Hey guys, I just got an acceptance email from Columbia's director of biotechnology program.  I haven't received the official offer letter for the school yet (pending final approval from Dean), but it's definitely great news since this program is perfect for my background.

Thanks for letting us know! and congratulations!!! :) 

Thanks for letting us know! and congratulations!!! :)

Thank you very much, Yorkies.  At the very least, you got into Penn, one of the most prestigious institutions in the world.  Good luck and let us know how everything goes.

Edited by nicktim

coollsy - don't be nervous! I'm waiting right along with ya! I wonder if they look at our applications separately, since we're international. 

nicktim - Thanks a lot! I'm a little worried about Penn's engineering courses in their biotech program so I hope Columbia comes through. Hopefully if any one of us also gets accepted and decides to go to Columbia we can stay in touch over the summer! :) 

*2 min

Lol, same here.... I keep looking at the LED light on my blackberry and when it blinks, I check it immediately and am always disappointed :P this is slowly driving me nuts! They can't drag this on any longer!