Anyone applied to Columbia MA Biotechnology?

coollsy

Haha yup I agree wholeheartedly. Moving to a completely different city (and country for me) is so scary! Looking forward to meeting you in the fall! :) 

Yorkies I submitted my deposit as of today. I guess Ill be seeing you in Fall!! Have you gotten more information from school after you paud down the deposit? Does that take long?

Awesome!!! :) Nope, I only received an e-mail about the online info sessions and how to sign up for them. I'm waiting for the setup code to get the PennKey, since you kind of need it to do anything at all, and also waiting for them to initiate my visa application. Will let you know if I get anything!

newyorker- I just received two e-mails this morning, one about sending them an official transcript & proof of my BSc degree (not sure how to do that, as I haven't convocated yet :S...) and another alerting me about my I-20 application to enter the US.  

Yeah Ive been getting emails too but for me only related to I20 and such. They already have my trasncript and proof of my graduation. Lol I dont have access to computer since Im in Vegas now but Ill take care them when I get back yo NY. Thanks for letting me know. When are you planning on moving to pennsylvania?

hmm yeah I have until august 1st to send it so I guess it can wait until I actually graduate :P 

Also have you received your setup code yet to get a PennKey? Still waiting for mine...

I have no idea yet, probably sometime mid-August before the 20th so I can get settled in. My family will most likely be driving me (8 hours >_<) and we want to explore the campus/city together. 

Well that's nice! 8 hours drive though... ehhh

And yeah, I did receive an email in regards to Penn Key 5 days ago and since your last post is about 4 days ago, I think you may have it by now though. It's titled "Important information on setting up your Penn electronic credential (PennKey)". If not, you should email the office about it. Next for me is getting started on the I-20 application and sending whatever is needed in.

Hey, since we are both decided on going, want to exchange emails or something so we can keep in touch and maybe could make things easier, instead of coming on here all the time? By the way I'm Don. We never introduced ourselves properly... except for our nicknames :unsure: I messaged you my email.

Hi, yorkies and neworker:) congrats!! hope you have a great time at Upenn!!

I decided to go to Michener for Medical Lab Technologist program, but next year or after i graduate michener, I'm thinking about applying Upenn and columbia..

any tips on getting into Upenn.. 

and should i finish my program at michener and then apply? or just apply next year...?

Thank you :)

Heyy coollsy! Thanks so much! Congrats on making a decision! How long is the Michener program? They're like 2 years right? If you get in after one year can you just leave Michener without consequence?

Well the application process for UPenn is really similar to Columbia's. I think you should figure out which areas you can improve (recommendation letter, GRE score, relevant experience, etc. etc.) and work on that. I mean... I could tell you my stats but I'm not sure how helpful it would be? Anyways good luck! You should totally keep in touch with us and let us know how things are going next year! :) 

Thank you so much yorkies!!!yes!we should keep in touch:)) 

I think i could leave michener but maybe that's waste of time and money...

I will msg you my email!!! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am new in gradcafe.Found this post here just now. Anyone joining Columbia this fall? I am from Bangladesh. Did my bachelor and masters in biotech there. Now I am a permanent resident in NY. And I have been offered a place @MA program, Columbia. Anyone surely going there?

• 2 years later...

Hey Guys....

Can anyone provide any feedback as to the Columbia U Biotech program?

is it good? Do you like it?

Was it hard to get in? I have a 3.1 in undergrad biology and don't know if that will be good?

thanks!