2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

Tufts Sackler ISP, Boston U MCBB, Harvard BBS, MIT Biology. It's getting a little nerve wracking.

Also waiting on Tufts ISP and Harvard BBS. Waiting on Boston but PiBS. Supposedly well be hearing from Boston tomorrow... I'll think ill faint if I actually get an interview there.

UC Denver Cancer Biology invite!  too bad their weekends overlap with ones I've already scheduled… Feb 6-9 and 20-23.  Hopefully they have another alternate!

Congrats! Hope I get one too, though I applied to the immunology program, so who knows their timeline...

Congrats all! :D 

DirtyLabCoat, don't worry! Most program don't send out anything until after the new year, from what I've heard. You look like a really competitive applicant, and I'm sure good things will come your way! 

Also waiting on Tufts ISP and Harvard BBS. Waiting on Boston but PiBS. Supposedly well be hearing from Boston tomorrow... I'll think ill faint if I actually get an interview there.

Meant Harvard not Boston. Working 8 hours a day again is draining my brain.

Quick question to anyone that got a Sloan Kettering interview email, did your email mention cancer biology Phd?

My SOP and research interests are in Developmental Biology, and I applied to GSK because they have several faculty that work in developmental neuroscience. I assumed the PhD program was more general.

I guess my question is, is Cancer Biology the only program that they offer or does my email have an error. I think my interests/goals would put me at a disadvantage in terms of acceptance if the program were strictly cancer biology.

I'm freaking the F out about UW Immunology! I've been in contact with one of the program coordinators that said the final faculty meeting was today and that they will likely have all decisions out by the 23rd.. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

On 12/20/2013 at 9:37 PM, immuno555 said:

You mean Wash U, St. Louis right?

No, he means University of Washington. WashU St. Louis is usually abbreviated WUSTL or WashU. I applied to both, last year. >.<

On 12/20/2013 at 10:19 PM, immuno555 said:

Okay, just wanted to clarify since so many people say WUSTL wrong.

Yeah, I feel you.  I applied to both. The coordinator at WUSTL/WashU told me they wouldn't be complete with their decisions until Jan 15th.  But they are a rolling admission (at least Immunology program is) so many people have heard back already.

Yes! I've noticed this, too! Weird how that seems to work out....

Congrats to the Irvine CMBers....I haven't heard yet!!! Aye....

Hi Adenine_Monarch! I just noticed you got invites from USC PIBBS and BCM IMBS.When did you apply?

Quick question to anyone that got a Sloan Kettering interview email, did your email mention cancer biology Phd?

My SOP and research interests are in Developmental Biology, and I applied to GSK because they have several faculty that work in developmental neuroscience. I assumed the PhD program was more general.

I guess my question is, is Cancer Biology the only program that they offer or does my email have an error. I think my interests/goals would put me at a disadvantage in terms of acceptance if the program were strictly cancer biology.

My email specifically mentioned the Cancer Biology Graduate Program. But I wouldn't worry too much... the website says that graduate faculty are involved in eight different research areas, including Developmental Biology. Because of their affiliation with Memorial Cancer Center and their large focus on cancer in research, they might have just named the program that. I'm sure that during the interview you'll be able to gauge how many labs aren't strictly cancer bio labs.

UGHH just saw Yale Microbiology interview on the results section...this is a nightmare

Calm down!! to watch you this nervous is making me hyper as well!! Trust me, you have better stat than many of us and as someone said this to you already, you still have a good chance!!

Calm down!! to watch you this nervous is making me hyper as well!! Trust me, you have better stat than many of us and as someone said this to you already, you still have a good chance!!

sorry lol it is just so nerve-racking to find out someone else has heard before you. I will try and complain less :)

sorry lol it is just so nerve-racking to find out someone else has heard before you. I will try and complain less :)

Very understandable! I feel the same way. If it helps, I did a results search for past years for all the programs I've applied to, and only one of them typically sends interview requests in December. All the rest don't normally get back to people at all until January.

Oh, and I swear I am not an idiot, even though the gre subject exam says otherwise. I had to teach an overload this summer when I was supposed to be studying, on top of studying for the regular gre which was 3 weeks prior. And let's be honest, that test is just ridiculous. I should have taken the regular biology one, or none at all!

Completely agree.

I was signed up for the Biochem GRE, feeling pretty good about it, took a practice test and BOMBED IT (34th percentile). Realizing that a score like that would bring down my application chances like a ton of bricks I switched to the regular biology GRE via standby testing and scored much higher (93rd percentile). Their difficulty levels are way out of sync

I'm freaking the F out about UW Immunology! I've been in contact with one of the program coordinators that said the final faculty meeting was today and that they will likely have all decisions out by the 23rd.. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Thanks for the heads up. Will be freaking out with you... one of my top choices and gah there is no emoticon that reflects how nervous I feel ha