Who's preparing applications for the fall?

Yetanotherdegree

I know it's too soon for the fall applications threads, and I know those are usually divided into doctoral and masters-level discussions, but it seems like we have quite a few people on here working towards applications for next year already.

So...If you're planning on applying somewhere for fall 2014, what are you applying for? If it's a degree that asks you to focus on an area, what area do you want to study? Do you know where you'll be applying? What are you doing this year? And what are you working on for your application at this point?

I'm applying for doctoral programs for next year. At least I think I am - there's a small possibility that I will delay for a year in the hopes of further strength invent my application. I want to look at historical theology (late antiquity). I plan to apply to Duke and maybe to UNC - we live in the area and, for various reasons, moving is not an option. This year, I'm taking a couple of courses at Duke, hoping to get fresh references and maybe a publication or two. Before classes start, I'm working on GRE prep and fixing up my ancient languages.

Anyone else?

Hey! I'm applying for Fall 2014 as well.  I am about to start a GRE test prep course to get me ready for that! I'm going to apply broadly - UNChapel Hill, Duke, NC State Univ and then Univ. of California LA, Irvine, Davis, Santa Barbara.  My last choices are staying in Ohio and/or going to Maryland.  I just graduated with undergrad, but am a full-time working adult.  I cannot wait to be ONLY in the academia world and out of the corp world.

Hello! I will be applying for doctoral programs...finally!

Tentative list: JHU, Oxford, Wisconsin-Madison, Marquette, Yale (Religion), Vandy (GDR), Brown, ND (theology), Catholic (Semitics), Michigan (Near 

Eastern), Toronto (Near Eastern and Religion), Loyola Chicago, UChicago, Harvard, GTU, KU-Leuven....

Just retook the GRE and will likely take it yet another time (scored 85% ish verbal....want 90+!). I'm applying for OT/HB programs, mostly interested in LXX, textual criticism, reception/import of classical language/culture into LXX (and its various recensions), but also Syriac literature, DtrH, ect.

I'm about to head off to Middlebury's German program for the rest of the summer...and then finish up my second year at Duke. About it!

If you're planning on applying somewhere for fall 2014, what are you applying for? If it's a degree that asks you to focus on an area, what area do you want to study? Do you know where you'll be applying? What are you doing this year? And what are you working on for your application at this point?

I'm applying to doctoral programs in HB/OT this fall. My interests are in Semitics, philology, translation issues, and wisdom literature (Job). I'm spending the summer narrowing down my list of schools and prep'ing for the GRE on top of finishing up my masters. 

I'll be applying to a handful of divinity schools for a MDiv, so far I'm considering:

1. Yale
  2. Harvard
  3. Vanderbilt
  4. Emory/Candler
  5. Princeton Theological
  6. Union - right now I'm split 50/50
  7. Claremont - I'm really up in the air about this school but only because of Claremont's reputation for poor funding and it's the west coast. I love the S.F. Bay area but none of the GTU schools seem like a good enough fit.