CSUEB

lcant00

I applied for the MSW fall 2013 full time program,but since they do rolling admissions I did not get accepted since I turned it in the day it was due. However, I was offered a spot for the fall 2014 program. Was there anyone else who was accepted for the fall 2014?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update to those who applied to CSUEB. They are NOT doing rolling admission this year. Those who were given and accepted early admission for 2014 in 2013 took up most of the spots and any open seats are given to top applicants. Sucks for those who applied early.

Seriously? Twoone, can I ask how you found that out? 

That would be awful for everyone that applied this year. I know that CSUEB is trying to boost their prestige by being more selective, but that approach seems a little over the top. 

Seriously? Twoone, can I ask how you found that out?

That would be awful for everyone that applied this year. I know that CSUEB is trying to boost their prestige by being more selective, but that approach seems a little over the top.

I called the dept and asked. Are they your first choice?

Well, they're my only choice in the Bay Area. But now I'm feeling like I might not have that option, huh? Haha.

We'll see soon enough. I'm hoping people who had early admission applied elsewhere and backed out on their intent to attend East Bay.

When did everyone apply? I submitted my complete application on Thursday, January 9th, 2014.

I hope we have a shot at being considered for Fall 2014!

I had a problem with one of my LOR and had to submit everything 2 days before the deadline. I had a backup LOR but held off submitting it since the one I wanted to submit had a phd in SW.

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted my complete MSW application to CSUEB on Friday, January 10th, 2014. I never even received a confirmation email/letter regarding my MSW app =/. I'm anxiously waiting for a response from them. I am considering emailing Lynn sometime this month. I heard she's very fast at responding to questions regarding the MSW program.

@California Dreamer-When did you submit your MSW application?

Maybe about 2weeks before it was due :) which I believe is fine. Deep breathing everyone. Glad there are so many people passionate about helping others. Gives hope to the world!!!

Edited by CaliforniaDreamer

For those of you that applied to CSU East Bay or have heard about the MSW program. Do you know of anyone currently enrolled? What is the job placement like? Is there a level of respect in the community for the school and the MSW program? I am an out of state resident but do not know the reputation of the program? :) 

did anyone else apply to the 3-year part time program???

I applied to the 2 year program. I read somewhere that seats were offered (last year) to the 2 yr applicants for the 3 yr program as seats opened up!!

That does not seem fair

Seats were offered to qualifyable applicants whom had applied to the 2-year but couldn't get in due to all the seats filled but had some openings to their 3-yr program...therefore,, those applicants were asked if they were interested in the 3-yr program instead...

Seats were offered to qualifyable applicants whom had applied to the 2-year but couldn't get in due to all the seats filled but had some openings to their 3-yr program...therefore,, those applicants were asked if they were interested in the 3-yr program instead...

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard from CSU East Bay? I tried contacting Lynn and even emailed her asking her when will denial/acceptance letters be sent out to applicants but never got a response....

I already took my MSW offer elsewhere, but I am curious what my outcome resulted at CSU East Bay.

Edited by kalidiana18

Has anyone heard from CSU East Bay? I tried contacting Lynn and even emailed her asking her when will denial/acceptance letters be sent out to applicants but never got a response....

I already took my MSW offer elsewhere, but I am curious what my outcome resulted at CSU East Bay.

You'll find out this or next week.