Burned out

Parnassus

I set a time limit of an hour and force myself to take a 10-15 minute break then.  I also don't study every day, 4-5 days a week is plenty.  Working yourself until you reach burn out is not healthy and it won't help you perform well on the test.  There is no way to know absolutely everything that will be on the test.  All you can do is learn what you can, take a deep breath, and try your best.

Also, don't overstudy. 

Take a practice test, see where you rank, and study accordingly. 

The GRE is such a small part of your graduate applications, that you definitely shouldn't spend more time on it than absolutely necessary- put the extra time into writing samples, SoP, research experience, reading papers of faculty you're interested in working with, etc. 

I take breaks often, when I say breaks, I mean once I'm burnt out, just take a couple days/weeks off. Then start back at it, and see how I do. 

The main thing is keeping your cool during the test. 

It's probably the smallest part, but more importantly it has hugely diminishing returns. 

Getting up to a reasonable score (say, department and school minimums) is hugely important. With a score below those, you often won't be considered. 

Past that, it's usefulness drops off pretty steeply, imo.